Poker or sports betting?

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also did both at the same time for a very long time.For me, however, sports betting did not prove profitable. I still bet, but not so much and not with a big bet!

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be both simultaneously and separately. It depends on who likes it.

You can play all of them by choosing the right bet.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just recently here in canada we get sportsbetting on the pokerstars platform. Now the only challenges I seem to get offered have to do with sportsbetting. I wish they would give me poker challenges again.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I prefer both, each game has its strategies

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I successfully combine these two games. I usually bet on European football, load a couple of tournaments and the evening becomes doubly gambling.;)

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer poker.
Not so lucky in betting.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer poker over sports betting. If I lose at poker it will only be my fault, it all depends on my ability and my luck on the day. If you are studious and observant you can make a good profit.
Sports betting is a good way to win without effort, but it no longer depends on you, there are many factors to analyze in order to be victorious and that the bets are profitable.:)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going to OP's original point yes, I think there are a few crossover skills. bankroll management, for one. A general understanding of risk and value for another.

In other ways though they're worlds apart. Being a winning poker player doesn't guarantee you'll be a winning sports bettor, and vice versa, because reading players is a completely different skill to handicapping.

I've been modestly successful at both, though since online poker was banned here, sports betting has been the only one I've actively pursued.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I'm not too lucky in either, but I prefer poker. When I bet on a sport event, it is guaranteed that in the last minute the result will change (not for my benefit).

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker only. The world of sports betting is very risky.

Garik777

Garik777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I prefer poker over sports betting,its always interesting to compete

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
sports betting, poker or whatever, a player tries everything. I think everything is ok as long as you don't overdo it. Playing is human nature and it is fun. I don't have a preference and I've won and lost in both :)

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On pokerstars most of the challenges I have been offered in last 2 years have involved sportsbetting usually in combination with poker eg place a 5 dollar sportsbet and get a 2 dollar spin and go ticket. Since my sporting knowledge is quite limited I always use a random number generator to make my sportsbetting selections and always look for the lowest rake (which right now is spread or total points on NBA at 4.5 percent). So I win half my sportsbets and over time make a bit of money doing this from the freebets and the poker tickets. I am up aprox 600 dollars from doing these challenges. I have never placed a sportsbet on its own without being tied to a promotion. I have noticed however that pokerstars are not offering as many sportsbet promotional free bets as they were last year at this time. I havent received any March madness challenges for example.

batintin

batintin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Before I preferred sports betting, now I prefer to play poker

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
poker, for me sports betting is depending on others and not on oneself

A

anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me leaning sports betting over poker but i love both
Online poker and online gambling has been banned where i live and it was a big blow to me cause i love poker so much but not sports betting i would like to learn sports betting.

I would love to learn sports betting but i have 0 clue how to even start learning and i am not from the states si hard cause most sport betters are from the states and they bet on UFL football which i know nothing about so what should i learn and any resources would be appreciated.

I am very new to this and i would love to learn sports betting.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both, I sometimes put poker winnings into Sports bets.

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I have recently had one minus in sports betting, I win in poker, I want to increase the bank in sports and in the end I lose. Very upset because of this

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both! poker is great but betting is also fun for me

Have a nice weekend :)

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I play them both ! I'm playing at sports betting for almost 17years :D and poker for 5 .

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker for sure but I really love to lay down a bet on a game that I think I have found an edge on.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
for fun in front of the TV I would say that you can opt for betting if you want something serious that can become a full time job POKER is the option to choose

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Both options are cool but I always choose poker because I love it more than betting so they choose poker

waitandblead123

waitandblead123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also love poker and sports betting

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars