Is Pelé GOAT of Football?

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pelé and Messi are also fantastic players, but Puskás is the only one who scored 4 goals in the Final of the predecessor of the Champions League.
"In 1960, Real Madrid and Eintracht Frankfurt played the final of the forever unbreakable peaks at Hampden Park in Glasgow. Ten goals, 127,000 spectators, Real's fifth success in a row - and four goals from Puskás."

Real Madrid - Eintracht Frankfurt 7:3 (May 18, 1960)

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
C.Ronaldo is quite obvious for me. If i now stopped watching football for rest of my life, i dont think that i miss nothing from that point of view whos the best player.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Pelé is king of this sport.There is no other soccer player that can be compared to him.His records are simply amazing.Then, in my opinion, the second place is between Ronaldinho and Maradona, both fantastic players in their eras.

EDSON 138

EDSON 138

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There is not and will not be a better player than Pele he broke several records now after him we have several incredible players but each one in his own time

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I couldn't see Pele play or even Maradona. but in my opinion there is no need to compare them, both were the best in their time. how is messi today

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a legend for each generation. The term "the best footballer in the world" dates back to the era of Brazilian legend Pele.
And now Messi and Ronaldo, two of the game's greatest players, have split football fans throughout the globe. But to make a comparison between these legends would be unfair. These players have displayed their abilities in a variety of scenarios and at varying points in time. None of these are scalable based on opportunities, coaching, resources, or even the football regulations itself! Football rules have evolved drastically over the years. I recall that back when Pele was playing, a foul wasn't always treated seriously by the referee and there was no offside rule. We are blessed to have Messi and Ronaldo in our lifetime! :love:

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well as many know I am born in argentina.
I think that when these types of questions are asked, it is very difficult to answer them, because at least I think that he may have been the best of his time, but it is very difficult to say "he is the best of all".
I will give examples: At the number level, Pele was enormously great, besides seeing him was a delight. In his time he was the best without a doubt.
In his time, Alfredo DI Stefano, many people who saw him play, including my father, said that he had never seen anything like him. They called him "The blonde saeta"
After Pele there was a great player who was Johan Cruiff, I think he only needed to win a World Cup.
After that came the great era of our Diego Armando Maradona, winning a World Cup, scoring the best goal in World Cup history. But let's not forget that at that time there were also great players. Platini, Hugo Sanchez, The Draulup brothers, Rumennigge, Lineker, for me the best midfield I've ever seen made up of Socrates, Falcao and Zico, Romario and many others.
Once the stage of these players is over, comes the litter of Ronaldo, Ronaldhino Gaucho, Zidane, Figo, Iniesta and others.
And there was already talk of a certain Lionel Messi, a long time ago established as the best soccer player in the world today. Not forgetting players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Levandovsky and many more.
I mean, what do I mean by this? In truth it is very difficult to say only one was the best of all. Because they all shone in their respective times.
I will at least keep 5, no matter the position, for me the best 5 of all time were in order of time: Pele, Maradona, Platini. Ronaldo and Ronaldinho Gaucho.
And although my compatriots don't like it, without a doubt someone tells me, I have a ticket to give you and see one of these 5, I tell him to give me the ticket to see: Ronaldhino Gaucho.
Despite not being a compatriot of mine, I have enjoyed it a lot, especially during his time at Barcelona.
Greetings to all, and very nice post;););)(y)(y)(y)

S

stepashka321

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pelé and Messi are also fantastic players, but Puskás is the only one who scored 4 goals in the Final of the predecessor of the Champions League.
"In 1960, Real Madrid and Eintracht Frankfurt played the final of the forever unbreakable peaks at Hampden Park in Glasgow. Ten goals, 127,000 spectators, Real's fifth success in a row - and four goals from Puskás."

Real Madrid - Eintracht Frankfurt 7:3 (May 18, 1960)
All respect to the pioneers and oldschools of sphere, that make world better. But level of playing in that times just lower that now, as and development of humankind. And just compare statistics of different eras is terrible approach.

All likes players of attacks and midflied, sad that other posts in game not even to go as assists. Folks does not notice and do not remember defenders. That sad side of all footballs disputes like this.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me Maradona is head and shoulders the best player of all time but I can only judge from what I have seen. Maradona won the FIFA player of the century award with 53% of votes to Pele's 18% but Fifa did their own internal vote with "football writers" voting instead and jointly awarded the title to both Diego and Pele. Compared to todays best players he is miles better than them all in my eyes. I never seen much of Pele. You can't really argue with 3 World Cup wins and 1000 career goals.

My top 5 is 1.Maradona 2.Pele 3.Luis Ronaldo of brazil 4.Romario 5.Gerd Muller. It especially pained me leaving out Zidane and Lothar Matthaus.
I base this on performances at the highest level meaning specifically the World Cup, lots of players through history scored many many goals at club level where their team was usually much better than everybody else but only a small handful DOMINATED World Cups in their prime.
Special mention to young Mbappe who I believe will go on to achieve even greater things than he already has.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No one will ever be able to answer this question properly.

First, because it is impossible to compare such an old period with the current one, for example.

Another reason, it is very rare that someone who makes this type of comparison has watched Pele play. And even if this person watched it, at that time not many games were broadcast, so it's an impossible comparison to make.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am for Maradona, Pele did not find time, he was a super player, and a very extraordinary person

IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
1. Messi 2. Ronaldo 3. Maradonna

reeseflamees

reeseflamees

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Ronaldo was the best from Bazil and from all around the world

W

watup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
am not that big footballer, probably pele, get well soon, who could match ronaldinho in his prime like his playing style

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For me, the best player is Maradona. A symbol of 20th century football and Argentina in general.

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The game is constantly changing, so it's unreal to tell who is the best of all times for me...How can we imagine how Pele could play nowadays? Look how football changed for the past even 15-20 years, for example position like, for example, Totti had on a field? There is no such position any more 🤷‍♂️

So for me it's more about the GOAT of every epoch or generation if it makes sence :)