Tournament variance calculator

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.primedope.com/tournament-variance-calculator/

Giving back to the site that has given to me over the years. This is a GREAT tool for determining what should be good game selection and what is more-or-less shot taking. The reality is you will notice you are going to lose much more in larger field events than if you play smaller fields. All of this said, I also highly recommend you use proper numbers to get yourself accurate results - if you do not know your ROI or how many games you play per year - i would suggest logging a spreadsheet or investing in a tracker program to tell you whats going on. Hope you find this helpful and useful

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good idea,

I always suggest that people keep a database of their hands. Even if you do not want to use a HUD, having all your hands saved and being able to review your play is priceless. The quickest way to identify "leaks" in your game and attempt to fix them.

One word of caution to newer players, when you begin to look at data, and /or stats, you must remember to really be able to identify problems or strengths, the more hands the better. If you research this just a little, you will find that many stats need thousands of hands before you can feel comfortable changing your play.

You will be surprised at the sense of accomplishment when you can actually "see" a leak in a particular situation and you can modify your play and start to see better results.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will give it a try thanks, I really need something to get my game going so any advise helps.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will give it a try thanks, I really need something to get my game going so any advise helps.

Its a great tool for helping you to find the games you have the best mathematical chance of producing an ROI in - good game selection is one of the keys to being successful at poker so i do hope you find some help in this instance. That being said I do launch a study stream once in a while on twitch. May not be the best player in the world but I like to think i do have some insight to offer in the lower stakes for sure.

rivermipasion

rivermipasion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is useful and, as you say, the results at high levels tend to be different depending on the level of play,

Poker Odds Calculator