Poker Tracker 4 Or Holdem Manager 3

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@Memphis. I am struggling with this decision too and do not want to spend a $100 on the wrong one for me. In genera; people seem to have said they prefer the layout and look of HEM2 despite not always running as smoothly and find it easier to use. But I think some have pointed out that you have slightly more stats you can configure on PT4.

Despite this I am leaning towards PT4 at the moment because Pros like Spraggy use it and have not seen many using HE2 yet. I figure Spraggy does Poker for a living so there must be a reason he went for this. But I am still deciding and finding this a hard decision to make. I would like to hear from more people who have tried both.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seen other pros using Holdem manager now. They are both meant to be very good tools. One thing I have read though is the leak buster feature is more advanced and better on holdem manager as well s son of the addons you can get, however while more basic Pokertracker already had this in built. I may look at holdem manager as I am look at a points qualifier to get 3/4 the cost. The problem though is I do not want to have to pay a load more money for additional add ons and probably would not bother so would rather a package that encompasses them. Looking at leakbuster I think the add on was another $100 which is the same price as the main product. I think this is fine if your a pro but otherwise these addition addons are very expensive.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LB has been very useful for me even thought i tranfer to using DriveHUD, i still have it the add-on for my HM2, one of main reason i have it, second is that DriveHUD doesn't have the show all hole card feature yet.

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Official HM Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...I used the free trials years and years ago, so I don't think I can use the free trial anymore ...

I haven't read the whole thread yet so apologies if this has been mentioned already:

We can give you a 30 day trial of HM2 or HM3 and I believe our guys on the PT4 can do the same if you contact us and explain your situation.

Fozzy71
Customer Support

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So here's the deal. I've been reading through a lot of the bankroll challenges on CC and I've actually been inspired. I have my own bankroll, and I generally play live, but want to do one of these challenges playing free rolls, and building to X amount of money as a challenge. I will mainly be using the Tracker on Americas Card Room. I also want to use one of these trackers for reviewing hands, my leaks, graphs, notes, and the basic use of the HUD. Main use will be for study and reviewing hands. I used the free trials years and years ago, so I don't think I can use the free trial anymore so that's why I'm coming here. Any and all information about the comparison between the two would be helpful.

Did you get any further looking at these? I have to admit vice versa I am looking at the huds more at the moment. Found the Pokertracker hud does not have as many default stats programmed so you not quite as ready to go and the trial has an annoying trial version keep popping up in the centre but this will obv go in the paid version, but means I have sometimes not realised when someone has bet. You can move it out the way but keeps going back. However what I am finding which is really important is the hud stats tend to appear more accurately over the players, not having to be rearranged as much. But they do say the HM2 addons are very good if you pay the extra.

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
just did a quick pricing research and compared DriveHUD, PokerTracker and HoldemManager.
DriveHUD has by far a better price than the 2 others

kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate poker traker programs they allow other players to spy on my history that is not good , and when i asked a company to change my username they said we can cause you will desapear the history of your hands, this is the worst about online poker

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just did a quick pricing research and compared DriveHUD, PokerTracker and HoldemManager.
DriveHUD has by far a better price than the 2 others

Just finishing my trial of drivehud. All I'll say is there is a reason it's cheaper.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like DriveHud since it works on BOL and Sportsbetting, Bovada and ignition as well as ACR and PS. And easily is the best bang for you buck imo

Just a thought and one you likely considered already but what ever you choose does it work on the majority of sites you play on?

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion neither. At least I do not use any hud as a game and my results are great. As of the end of review of hands, I always use the combination of Universal Replayer + hands that I want to analyze that are sent to my email. It's very quiet.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like DriveHud since it works on BOL and Sportsbetting, Bovada and Ignition as well as ACR and PS. And easily is the best bang for you buck imo

Just a thought and one you likely considered already but what ever you choose does it work on the majority of sites you play on?

Yeah, you want it to work well w/ the main sites you play on, and make sure it's easy for you to understand and use it. All of the main databases have free trials, so it's easy to figure out what's the best fit for you.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There have been a lot of comments about DriveHud being the cheapest? Not understanding this. It looked the most expensive to me unless you are playing really cheap games although looks quite fancy.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I will be having to make this decision soon too... I have no idea! [emoji31]

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
i'm holding out on HM & PT trials... i'll try these free months a little later, while i try some other huds first

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried both trials but had a preference for PT4. However as they are developing HEM3 first and that is close to release if I am going to purchase software I do not know whether to go for that as it is likely to be a long time before PT5 is released.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thought this thread would be more popular with so many people using huds. Anyone else tried both and got any views. Has anyone used the beta HM3 yet and does this make any big improvements?

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thought this thread would be more popular with so many people using huds. Anyone else tried both and got any views. Has anyone used the beta HM3 yet and does this make any big improvements?

The layout of the HUD's in pt4 are easily the best and the software is most user friendly. HM and drivehud don't come close in my opinion.

Mmurilove

Mmurilove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started using HM3 in about a week and I'm loving it. It is far superior to HM2, both in functionalities and in computer performance, because it is lighter.
I think it's worth you to test.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There have been a lot of comments about DriveHud being the cheapest? Not understanding this. It looked the most expensive to me unless you are playing really cheap games although looks quite fancy.

It is the cheapest and comes with more built in options no matter what stakes you're playing. What's confusing?

I

its TG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Drivehud the best of all HUDs I have tried.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is the cheapest and comes with more built in options no matter what stakes you're playing. What's confusing?

This quote that DriveHud is the cheapest keeps being quoted but it's pricing works on a completely different model. It does seem a lot cheaper initially but it all depends on the lifetime of the other products. DriveHud would cost me $59 initially, the $9.99 per year after. Admittedly this is a lot cheaper on the initial outlay and may indeed be cheaper overall but the others do not have a subscription, they are a one of fee of $100 so after 5 years it may possibly become more expensive, that is of course if you do not have to upgrade them in that time.

But this is not too bad for a 5 year outlay and within that time does not exceed the others. But I do not know if there are any guarantees that these yearly costs will not jump up. Also what happens if you go with DriveHud for two years, go with something else for a year and go back? Would you then have rebuy the whole product?

Overall it sounds like quite good value (although I have not tried it) and is initially a fair bit cheaper, I am just saying they work on slightly different pricing strategies so it is difficult to say carte blanche one is cheaper than the others.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Cheapest up front you mean. Pt4 is $100 for all stakes and I've had it since 2013. Drivehud is $60 and $10 a year so already would cost $110. Not sure on the more built in options either its main point is it looks pretty.

B

bright019

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am useing drivehud at the moment and are very satisfied with it . But there is another one that I think is very good and that is Poker Copilot.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cheapest up front you mean. Pt4 is $100 for all stakes and I've had it since 2013. Drivehud is $60 and $10 a year so already would cost $110. Not sure on the more built in options either its main point is it looks pretty.

And I think PT4 for will be support for another few years at least! I kind of like a one off fee.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules