Poker Tracker 4 Or Holdem Manager 3

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So here's the deal. I've been reading through a lot of the bankroll challenges on CC and I've actually been inspired. I have my own bankroll, and I generally play live, but want to do one of these challenges playing free rolls, and building to X amount of money as a challenge. I will mainly be using the Tracker on Americas Card Room. I also want to use one of these trackers for reviewing hands, my leaks, graphs, notes, and the basic use of the HUD. Main use will be for study and reviewing hands. I used the free trials years and years ago, so I don't think I can use the free trial anymore so that's why I'm coming here. Any and all information about the comparison between the two would be helpful.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try the trials for both...

and then also try Drivehud's trial.

There's pro's and cons for all, but I think you need to experience them yourself. People's reasons for using one particular product won't match your exact needs imho.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try the trials for both...

and then also try Drivehud's trial.

There's pro's and cons for all, but I think you need to experience them yourself. People's reasons for using one particular product won't match your exact needs imho.

So I guess I'm just out of luck then? I wrote in my OP that I have already used the free trials years and years ago, so I don't think I can use the trials anymore. I tried to outline exactly what I would be using the tracker for, because of this exact reason. So that I would get responses based on my needs.

R

Rolco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have completed a 30-day trial of PT4 recently and have used HM2 for 1 day.

PT4 is less laggy but has an out-dated interface. HM2 seems to have glitches every now and then where pop-up window e.g. hand analyzer freezes but they are releasing hm3 soon and these issues are fairly minor.

What I have liked about HM2:

- Newer interface which would be easier for some people to use, but I didn't mind PT4 though it is dated.
- The HUD can be configured easier and the HUD stats are in a fixed position which seems to work well with PS. I found the HUD stats were in the way of player chip counts or names etc often on PT4. I liked being able to change the colour of stats and set up conditions which decide the colour of a stat to represent good/bad etc. This may be on PT4 I don't believe I checked for this.
- You can click a refresh button when looking at your live hand feed and it feeds your most recent hands through almost immediately. On pt4 i'd sometimes have to wait for 10ish seconds for hands that had just occurred to feed through. Being able to click refresh if you're impatient is nice.

All in all from my brief time with HM2, I'd say it is probably the better choice but I have not tested all features of either product.

Keep in mind they may charge extra to upgrade to HM3 once it is released.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have completed a 30-day trial of PT4 recently and have used HM2 for 1 day.

PT4 is less laggy but has an out-dated interface. HM2 seems to have glitches every now and then where pop-up window e.g. hand analyzer freezes but they are releasing hm3 soon and these issues are fairly minor.

What I have liked about HM2:

- Newer interface which would be easier for some people to use, but I didn't mind PT4 though it is dated.
- The HUD can be configured easier and the HUD stats are in a fixed position which seems to work well with PS. I found the HUD stats were in the way of player chip counts or names etc often on PT4. I liked being able to change the colour of stats and set up conditions which decide the colour of a stat to represent good/bad etc. This may be on PT4 I don't believe I checked for this.
- You can click a refresh button when looking at your live hand feed and it feeds your most recent hands through almost immediately. On pt4 i'd sometimes have to wait for 10ish seconds for hands that had just occurred to feed through. Being able to click refresh if you're impatient is nice.

All in all from my brief time with HM2, I'd say it is probably the better choice but I have not tested all features of either product.

Keep in mind they may charge extra to upgrade to HM3 once it is released.

Thank you.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I guess I'm just out of luck then? I wrote in my OP that I have already used the free trials years and years ago, so I don't think I can use the trials anymore. I tried to outline exactly what I would be using the tracker for, because of this exact reason. So that I would get responses based on my needs.

You can contact them for a trial extension and they will generally give you another trial. It may not be a whole trial, but just email them.

There's a whole comparison here w/ PT4 and HM2 (not 3).

http://pokerleakbuster.com/pokertracker-vs-holdemmanager.html

Have you tried Drivehud's trial? It's 30 days also.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
S

silentbovo1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Let us know how you feel about the comparison. I was wanting to do a similar challenge on ACR as well. I am currently using both Co-pilot Poker and HM2 to experiment with what I want. Co-pilot seemed faster to setup but HM2 provided more customization.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let us know how you feel about the comparison. I was wanting to do a similar challenge on ACR as well. I am currently using both Co-pilot Poker and HM2 to experiment with what I want. Co-pilot seemed faster to setup but HM2 provided more customization.

Are you using mac?

Drivehud has automatic ACR setup.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think either one will improve you game immensely. I was using FPDB, a free poker hud, up until recently. The extra stats and notes that I can get from PT4 have helped so much in identifying what type of opponent I'm playing against. I would simply pick the one that you feel comfortable using. The more data/experience you get with a hud, the better. The worst thing you can do is not purchase one if you can afford it.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As an alternative, try Hand to Note

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you using mac?

SO far after my first experience with drive HUD free trial. I don’t like how every time it pulls up on my Poker client it has all the statistics for the HUD under the wrong names and I have to move em around, also it had me go to acr and upload hand history before it would show the HUD is there a way to reset from 0 hands so I can see my current progress and not the many hands already in the history? If I can fix these things then I would say drive hud seems to be awesome.

S

silentbovo1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you using mac?

Nah, I only use Windows PCs. I'll definitely give Drivehud a try. Definitely looking for the best hud before I invest fully.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SO far after my first experience with drive HUD free trial. I don’t like how every time it pulls up on my Poker client it has all the statistics for the HUD under the wrong names and I have to move em around, also it had me go to acr and upload hand history before it would show the HUD is there a way to reset from 0 hands so I can see my current progress and not the many hands already in the history? If I can fix these things then I would say drive hud seems to be awesome.

You have preferred seating set on ACR and not in drivehud. You just need to set this up correctly and then it will align properly every time.

http://drivehud.com/blog/knowledgebase/how-do-i-setup-preferred-seating/

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think PT4 and holdem manager are basically the same. The differenc between them are most in graphics and styles.
It will be interesting to you try again both, to see the best option for you.
All this required options have in both, but I think pt4 has more option in hand reviews.
I preferred the PT4. I bought the small stakes and I am thinking in upgrade it to the high stakes too.
PT4 works very well to ACR and, for sure, will be e very good tool to you.
PT4 is so easy to use and you can rearranje the stats where you want and save the layout and has a good stats review option with you styles and common avarage os your play. GL.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use HM2 for ACR and it works really well. I saw you write above about DriveHud names being in the wrong place and having to manually move them to the right positions. This happen to me in HM2 as well. If you can get past that, it's a great software. I don't really pay too much attention to the hud honestly but sometimes I'll take a glance at and it comes in handy.

It's session tracking feature is really nice. I like replaying hands through HM2 better than ACR's card replayer. You can also look up players that you've played against and look into their stats more. The reports tab is also very useful for trying to identify you leaks.

Also, if you haven't already, check out sharkscope.com, you can track players overall statistics.

P

Plan_l8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Faced with hand2note software on days. Looks like it is nice alternative to hm and pt.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use PT4 and i can highly recommend it, it would be useful however to hear how you get on with a comparison. I took PT4 on a offer deal some time back - excellent.

Danoncebay

Danoncebay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use the PokerTracker4 and I have not had any time in my life, it is quite intuitive and lighter than the Holdem, soon I will extend my version, I am happy with the results.

Statsman1

Statsman1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Has anyone tried running both trials at once?

Maybe that sounds a bit weird, but if I'm going to go 30 days on ONE trial, then another 30 days on another trial, then I make a decision - feels like I might lose 30 days of data, unless there's a way to pull all the data together under the program I choose to buy.

Does this make sense? Or can the hand data from one be merged with the other?

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also a pack before choosing which software to use, I tend to HM, what did you choose? and if satisfied with the result?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
also a pack before choosing which software to use, I tend to HM, what did you choose? and if satisfied with the result?

Still haven't picked yet. When I canceled my Jivaro apparently I had paid for an entire year. So I'm letting that finish out, and then I will pick. I think I'm leaning towards Holdem Manager, but still doing research. Sorry it's been so long since my reply, I forgot this thread was here.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Currently I prefer HM2, but I'm having trouble playing multi screens, what do you guys think I need to change on my computer?
If I put more memory, would it help with the resolution?

I accept opinions !!

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe PT4 has aggression freqeuncy while HM does not. Correct me if I am wrong. I would go with PT4 because of this.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Currently I prefer HM2, but I'm having trouble playing multi screens, what do you guys think I need to change on my computer?
If I put more memory, would it help with the resolution?

I accept opinions !!

More RAM would help performance and stop freezing of the software if due to not enough RAM. If you go to task manager and your memory keeps running near 100 you would benefit from this.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules