High 3bet percentage ?

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is considered a high 3bet percentage?

I'm very new to using HUD stats - however I'm not 'new' to the understanding of the stats.

I'm trying to compare a 3bet percentage - to several PROLIFIC 3betting aggro players.

Their stats seem - kind of - maybe a little high - but not as imbalanced - as I thought they would be.

For instance - one player in particular - 3bets every hand he continues with on the button. But his 3bet percentage is only like 11%, his vpip is just under 30%.

Comparing this player to the average pool - is 11% high?
My 3bet is between 4-6%. I know his is high - compared to my stats, but I see several other players 3betting regularly - and the stats don't seem to jive with the amount I am witnessing. Where as there are a couple of players - I know for certain only 3bet A/Ks and KK+ - and their 3bet percentage is right around 5%. I know the stats are relative to the number of hands played and I have 100+ on all of these players, well over 300 for several.

Not sure these HUD thingies are as useful as some make it out to be. Might just stick with my notes and intuition.

Last edited:
theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To clarify the aggro players who 3bet nearly every hand they play will show up often with any suited Ace, ANY pocket pair from any position, and Any two broadway cards. Totally not complaining their 3bet range is extremely wide, but what is perplexing is seeing their 3bet percentage ONLY double what a tight nitty 3better's 3bet percentage is.

I'm confused! :confused:

Any input appreciated.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would say 11% 3bet is fairly standard for a good aggressive player at low stakes. What sort of stakes are you playing at?

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say 11% 3bet is fairly standard for a good aggressive player at low stakes. What sort of stakes are you playing at?

Yeah Mark - thanks for the reply. I am at micro stakes, playing highest buyins, and several times a week playing low stakes $10 and under.

Maybe PT isn't calculating the stats accurately? These players 3bet about every hand they play - so shouldn't their 3bet % be a lot higher with VPIP of 30?

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

OK - it looks like the hud needed a day or two to stabilize. weird!?

The prolific 3betting players are showing 3bet stats of 16% + - Compared to others who are tight 3betters A/K s & KK+ - those players stats are approximately 3-5 %

My 3bet varies between 8-10% based on my mood. :) :cool::evil:

Last edited:
Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's no exact right or wrong 3-bet percent, particularly since it varies a lot based on how much 6-max you're playing vs full-ring (or other handedness). Speaking very generally though, I'd say that 4% is on the low side and 11% is on the high side in most cases.

Once you have more stats, you can take a look at cumulative 3-bet percents for all the players in your games who you think are the best and get a better basis for comparison.