Best HUD for a beginner?

P

PPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never tried a HUD before, to be honest I thought they were illegal and immoral, but reading this site they seem common - but rather overwhelming knowing where to start.

I don't want to put much money into one, I'm only tending to play for micro stakes and the cost of many of these seems to run up to the amount I'd be prepared to lose over the next while as instantly 'lost' unless I could win it back (which is frankly optimistic).

I tried looking for an open source one but any of those seem to be discontinued.

Any advice?

EDIT: PS I'm primarily playing on 888. Mainly freerolls, but some micro to low tournaments and blast (Sit and Go) too. My largest tournament so far is one $22 entry and one $44 entry (both via satellites, neither went well) everything else smaller stakes.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Hi PPT,

We have many HUD-threads already, like this one, which might give you the answer you are looking for.

Personally I would go with either of the big ones (Holdem Manager/PokerTracker) and see it as an investment into the future.

None of the HUDs will make you an instant winner but they might help you to make more informed decisions in the long run. And don't forget that not all sites allow HUDs. Many HUDs also offer free trials so that is one thing you might want to try.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
I've never tried a HUD before, to be honest I thought they were illegal and immoral, but reading this site they seem common - but rather overwhelming knowing where to start.

I don't want to put much money into one, I'm only tending to play for micro stakes and the cost of many of these seems to run up to the amount I'd be prepared to lose over the next while as instantly 'lost' unless I could win it back (which is frankly optimistic).

I tried looking for an open source one but any of those seem to be discontinued.

Any advice?

EDIT: PS I'm primarily playing on 888. Mainly freerolls, but some micro to low tournaments and blast (Sit and Go) too. My largest tournament so far is one $22 entry and one $44 entry (both via satellites, neither went well) everything else smaller stakes.
I personally have never used hud, reassons why is because as someone who wants to become a pro, being to heavily reliant on hud can hurt you in live sessions

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I´m using Hand2note while I don´t buy Poker Tracker.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check the stickey, you can find your HUUD option there. I suggest DriveHD, just get the micro stake license and when you are ready to jump stake, upgrade the license

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check the stickey, you can find your HUUD option there. I suggest DriveHD, just get the micro stake license and when you are ready to jump stake, upgrade the license

+1... easiest to use for sure. :)

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Any advice?

I think besides your own self no one will tell you better, watch streamers choose the best for yourself

hyfl

hyfl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drive HUD is very nice because of low stakes license. Moreover it's quite simple and intuitive

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you only play tournaments forget the hud in my opinion, as there are different stages to every tournament so not worth using.

If its cash you play they are a well worth it.

C

CaioBandeiraGomes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great tool

I use Hud2note it's free for micro stacks and there are videos teaching how to configure
it's good to study.

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I advise you not to use them. Buy training courses so it will be better
If you put it that way, then maybe you should hire a personal trainer.

cardcounter

cardcounter

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don´t use a HUD, because of the different stages of a tourney.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like Jivaro for UI, the colour coding and graphic style make it easy to visualize, but I believe they stopped offering a free version a while ago. Based on the other posts if there's a free HUD to go with that -they're all basically the same functionality, so it's just a matter of getting used to applying the data you get.

One hint, check out You Tube for tutorials on interpreting the data from your HUD to get the most out of them. HUDs are only useful when you know how to properly apply them.

P

plan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I don't use HUD. At different stages of the tournament, the tactics of the game are different. But in games for money, it makes sense to use HUD.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do-it-yourself HUD for Hand2Note, or free for beginners.

bilva1984

bilva1984

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bilva1984

sorry my ignorance what is HUD?

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've never used the HUD, as sometimes I play in person, I believe I can be harmed