WRGPT17 - Register quick!

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those of you not familiar with the WRGPT (World Rec.gambling Poker Tournament) it is a massive year-round email tournament. Every day a hand is played on your table where you get emailed your hole cards (and then the flop etc.) and you email back the dealer how you would like to act on them. This makes it the most fun tournament in the world if you like in-depth hand analysis which is definately a good thing to focus on if you're looking to improve your overall game. Also, since you have hours to act on a hand if you get dealt pocket Aces you'll have pocket Aces for the whole day instead of just for a one minute hand (it feels awsome - it can really brighten up a dull day!)

Anyway this tournament has been running for 17 years and with no money involved it is entirely based on having fun, meeting knew people and improving your game - oh, and of course bragging rights!

The 17th WRGPT tournament is starting on the 29th October so you still have time to register (free of course). Go to WRGPT.org for more information

I hope to see you at the tables! :)

jt

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
doesnt sound like much fun to me but I will check out the site anyways

who knows maybe i will lighten up

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Talk about hand for hand doldrums!

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i don't know about this..... and no money how is it gambling??
i checked out the website no prizes and it is pacific time i'm over here on the East side...but i registered just to see how it go's.gl

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be fair, I have played by mail (e-mail) other games, that were very interesting. Chess is played a lot by mail, and has been for probably centuries. My familiarity is with HEX, a game which fascinated John Nash. With email both of those games can have multiple moves per day.

But tourney poker? Might be tolerable as a small sng, but if you get a bigger field, you will get to much real life variance, and could easily be waiting days for the 'turn' card to get sent.

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your looking to gamble or you only play poker for the money then this is probably not for you. But if you enjoy poker as a game and really want to get better at it - especially in terms of hand-to-hand analysis - then you should definately give this a shot.

But not for everyone I guess :eek:

Also if your worried about delays, the whole system is automated and if a player doesn't act in time he is simply folded, so significant delays are very rare.

jt

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last day of registration!! Tourn starts tomorrow!! - and if you register and don't like it you can just email the floor manager and tell him to remove you from the tourn so there's no harm in just giving it a shot... :smile:

jt