Would this happen in Live Poker

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed on pokerstars that several times while playing Tournament I'm been moved tables hand after hand it's not uncommon for this to happen 3 or even 4 times in a row.

Sometimes on the new table I have to wait for the button to go by to get a hand and I'm moved to a new table again.

I understand that this may happen while a tournament is just starting, but even then it doesn't make much sense, I have seen in occasions tournaments with 18 players and instead of having 2 tables with 9 they are like 7, 7 and 4 or 7, 8 and 3. It usually happens too that even after the tournament been running for quiet a while you get moved to a table with the message "Tournament is starting in 1 minute" even when the tournament has started already.

I wonder if this behaviors mean that something on their algorithms isn't working as it should.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what I hate is when they move you the hand after the big blind into the small or big blind on the next table

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what I hate is when they move you the hand after the big blind into the small or big blind on the next table

yeah sometimes the seating is very strange. i remember one time i got like seated in the bb again and then utg the next hand lol. i mean its not really happening on a reagular basis but unfair seating happened to me in the past too on different sites.

@ OP: in the end you can not do nothing about it and its not really worth to spend time to figure something out here. it is what it is.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It usually happens too that even after the tournament been running for quiet a while you get moved to a table with the message "Tournament is starting in 1 minute" even when the tournament has started already.

This is because, the tournament is in late registration, and the number of participants is going up. Then new tables have to been added, and since the last arriving player obviously can not sit and play with himself, players are moved to the new table from existing tables. All poker sites do this.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

But - swings and roundabouts.

I have been low stacked and moved just before the big blind onto another table into early position and scraped a min cashed because of it. Several times.

Of course the scenario you painted is really frustrating but I find it all evens out.

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
since the last arriving player obviously can not sit and play with himself,

Well, I don't wanna be THAT guy, but the above is clearly total bullshit.

I'm a guy, sometimes the last to arrive and I 100% am totally happy sitting and playing with myself. Just sayin.

Organize a Home Poker Game