Will someone please build me a boat?

joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good lord! Eso pinche rio!!!(Is that correct JL?) I played the first 30 minutes of a tournament as the overall short stack. Somehow, I scrambled and remained middle of the pack until we reached the final 3. Throughout the tournament to this point I had been rivered 7x! I know, I counted. I don't mean oh my 8s got beat by a pair of Aces on the river, I mean I got hit with 2 outers the majority of the time, and 1 carded flushes and back door straits! Over and over again. Finally, I got one of the two remaining players to go all in with 78 against my KJ after a 5KJ flop. What follows? A 6 and a 4 but of course! I ended up the short stack, and again worked my way back, eventually doubling up off of the other guy, thus becoming the chip leader. Then the first guy takes the vast majority of the others chips, leaving me to take the rest. We enter heads up 30k to 20 k. I play too tight, end up getting down to 12k before doubling up. We are then "tied", and on the next hand he goes in. I'm thinking tilt, and I call with A4s. He turns over k6 hearts. The first four cards are no help for anybody, but again, the K hits the river! What does a guy have to do? I do a good deed Friday afternoon, only to have a wreck later Friday afternoon, get stood up, and get rivered, as Principle Rooney in Ferris Beuller's day off would say, "Nine Times"!
:shot: :shot: :shot: :puke: :kd4:

joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I slept it off. Unfortunately, its a part of the game. I sit in 3rd place now in that league having only played 3 of the 4 events.

A boat would be nice though.....

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joshy - did you enjoy game though? I bet you did. Scrambling and battling against those odds to make final 2 is awesome performance. I much prefer these battles to the big early pot /by the book poker battles.

joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it was definitely a fun game. Its just disappointing for it to end the way it did. I'm not sure I should have called, as even a pair of 5s would have me pretty well in check. I had a feeling he didn't have anything, and was positive he didn't have another Ace, and I was right. Sometimes two + two doesn't = 4. I had a good read, had a good flop/turn, but couldn't dodge the river. I was about an 86% favorite, and got beat. That's poker. But once again, I shouldn't complain, as it will inevitably be a 14%er that saves me in the next one :)