Why are there rooms and networks where I can no longer play?

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An Argentine beginner question: about ten years ago I played some (very little) time at poker and had access to any room that was within my reach. Today, three months ago I returned to the tables and I find that I can no longer enter rooms like pokerstars (yes to Fulltilt), Everest, Bwin, Red Merge rooms, Red Cake Rooms and several more. I don't know which rooms do not exist anymore, but I know of others that do exist that I can no longer enter.
The question is: what does this have to do with it? with local laws?, with politicians who want "commission" to enable a certain room or network? I have also noticed that there are different domains for the same room (for example pokerstars.com, Pokerstars.es, Pokerstars.net, the same for 888).
I am not a big fan of politicians (at least in my country they are a disaster almost everyone) so sorry if anyone bothers about this post.
Thanks for your attention.
Greetings from Buenos Aires.
P.D: As always, I ask the administrators that if they believe that this publication should be in another section, excuse me and move it.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello fellow countryman, I know there are problems for connections with some rooms due to restrictions but it is not total because you can play in all rooms by changing the DNS of your computer or cell phone.

I use the DNS of google

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is 100% about the laws and regulations in the country you live in. There is not a single poker room that wouldn't love to legally operate in every country in the world.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here in UK legislation was brought in a few years ago and a lot of operators pulled out. I used to play on Poker Heaven which was one of the sites that no longer accepted UK players. Pokerstars now operates a .co.uk domain to service the UK. When I went to Spain on holiday I was not able to access the uk domain and Spain is also regulated separately, I tried the .es client but it wouldn't let me log in.