Why some players are so angry?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am one of those people...and you must be one of the donks (most European players are). First off, I usually show down a bunch of hands that I have raised preflop before this chit happens to me...and I always have the best hand. Then, when I raise again and some moron decides he wants to call me with 9-4 off and flops a pair and rivers 2 pair or a set after I have been betting pot the whole way with my Aces, Kings, etc it pisses me off! How can you not tell you are beat? You can, you just decide to call, call, call, hoping the computer will reward your stupidity (which it usually does). If I see someone playing solid poker I am not going to chase a 2 outer on him...if it is someone that raises every hand and shows rags all the time, maybe (but probably not even). So, next time you are called a donk, understand that you are!

What a pleb!

Last edited:
B

B-TownRounder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To he who said he would call me all day long with rags...this is why I don't give odds to call when playing online. It is too far from the reality of how hands come up in live play. Live play is totally different than online play. I would trap, slow play, etc. with big hands live, but online is another story.

To he who called me a "pleb"...suck it douchebag!

C

Chase_0101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back to the OP's question:

I usually assume they are getting angry or name calling on purpose. After a bad play (either on your part or theirs), sometimes people will try to get a rise out of you to take you off your game. It doesn't matter who won the hand or how many chips you have left... if you let their talk bother you then you are letting them win. Just ignore them and focus.... whether they mean it or not is irrelevant to your playing poker.

oncelor

oncelor

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion most are young hot heads this is wrong but its what i do when they heckel me i get my friends and my self to follow them around and heckel them to every table they go to it has worked for me a few times and i only do it after they insult my mother God rest her soul they usually logoff and hide from us i let the others at the table know whats been going on so i dont offend the other players trash talk i dont mind cuss me and my play all you want but leave my kids and family out of it they are innocent

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion most are young hot heads this is wrong but its what i do when they heckel me i get my friends and my self to follow them around and heckel them to every table they go to it has worked for me a few times and i only do it after they insult my mother God rest her soul they usually logoff and hide from us i let the others at the table know whats been going on so i dont offend the other players trash talk i dont mind cuss me and my play all you want but leave my kids and family out of it they are innocent

Arrrgggghhhh. Punctuation !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

P

pok morse

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i truly think that the people who get the maddest at the tables are playing over their limits or they are down to their last few bucks in their accounts..
everybody gets bad beats and gets mad but to tormant someone because they are luckier than you is foolish

J

jimma97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree some people are real nasty. Its poker as soon as they realize it better of they'll be.I play what i want.Its my game im playing.

iMaGiN.

iMaGiN.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well a lot of times, you play in a game with young teenagers who are not too good at the game and just make all-in push with just a high pair when there are 4 more people active in the hand, and not thinking about the fact that someone else can have a 2 pair or a higher pair.

Also, I noticed that a lot of teenagers when they flop a flush draw, they immediately push all-in thinking that they are a favorite in the hand and then get knocked out and then start whinnying like there's no tomorrow about their "bad beat".

Sunbird

Sunbird

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I ignore they, after all they arn't worth my time or effort however if they've been horrible the entire game I report them. I have, occasionally, gotten annoyed enough to tell them to pull up their big girl panties and move on.

C

Calissa007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love a sore loser. Its good for a laugh.

T

TrapStar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
donkeys

I only get mad when a player sucks out on me. If they flopped 2 pair with there 83 offsuit and then the chips went all-in and I have AA and they win, then so be it. But if they call with there 83 with not the right pot odds preflop, then I will also get mad. I get more mad about donkeys overbetting the pot, then I do catching bad beats though. Some people just don't understand the game at all.

NuRelic

NuRelic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i truly think that the people who get the maddest at the tables are playing over their limits or they are down to their last few bucks in their accounts..
everybody gets bad beats and gets mad but to tormant someone because they are luckier than you is foolish

Echo! Echo! Echo! Echo! Echo! Echo! Echo!

Yesterday I had an interesting exchange with another player. I was dealt JJ in late-middle position and raise it up 4xBB PF trying to thin the heard and get two callers including the BB and UTG. I was multi-tabling so I really didn't have a lot of reads and I wasn't using HUD (my PC recently crashed and I lost everything along with my copy of HUD). When the action came back around to me, both players had checked and the board read 77J with a Heart FD. I bet out with about half the pot in an effort to make it look like a continuation bet only to see the BB fold, but UTG to my surprise made the call. I'm thinking that maybe he's holding Jx, Tens, 99 or maybe 88. For some reason I didn't even remotely thing 77.

The Turn rolled out a 3 of diamonds and he bet out about half the pot. I figure this is a feeler bet and I try juicing the pot a bit more by doubling his bet, figuring he'll prolly just fold. Nope he pushes for about half his chips. Now I'm thinking KK, QQ or JJ - but none of that make since with the way he played it pre-flop. I figure I'm still ahead, but just call hoping to bring him all the way in on the river.

The River floats out another heart (I don't remember what it was) and immediately he moves all-in. I've got him covered so insta-call and he shows Q7o. I take the hand down and he calls me a Douche Bag. I type LOL and he proceeds to call me every name in the book. At first it's funny, but it was really pathetic and even as I try to point out to him that I it was his own mistake for calling with Q7o after I raised 4xBB PFR. After about five minutes of utter nonsense he finally just left the table. I think he was playing above his limits and I wouldn't even be surprised if it was his last $20.