Why so Anti Social?

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are ACR members so Anti-Social?

I understand we're out for each others money but if you win the pot and I send a message saying NH(nice hand) or GP(good play), I don't get anything back. I make sure the person speaks the same language too so I know its not that.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have chat turned off mostly all the time on all tables. why would you even care?

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lots of time people are multitasking and they certainly aren't paying attention to chat. When the ACR freeroll is on I am quite often eating supper or cleaning up the kitchen.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I use multi-table during cc games. Usually have chat closed. But, if I see a message, I try to reply. I rarely have nice hands, so I doubt you've sent me a message. If so, it was probably "ouch, that had to hurt", or "what were you thinking?". Hopefully, I do something worthy of a "NH" soon..

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a chat person. I feel its distracting and most of all the chat is not necessary.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I understand we're out for each others money but if you win the pot and I send a message saying NH(nice hand) or GP(good play), I don't get anything back. I make sure the person speaks the same language too so I know its not that.

Something similar happens at pokerstars, when I play the platinum freerolls hahaha :hmmmm2:

W

williemays56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
antisocial

usually have more than one game. and also dealing with grandskids a lot of distraction

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really???

Something similar happens at Pokerstars, when I play the platinum freerolls hahaha :hmmmm2:

I find Pokerstars to be the complete opposite but then again I always gravitated toward the cash games when I was with Pokerstars. It's a culture shock going from Pokerstars to ACR because my first online experiences were with Full Tilt/Pokerstars where...everyone was either getting comments or giving comments. Now I'm on ACR and it's like....crickets! I get that it's international so before I attempt to get the persons attention I'll make sure they're from America but the Americans don't talk either.

Oh well, it is for the best. It just keeps me more focused....which makes me a dangerous player to play with! Good Luck!:D

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a culture shock going from Pokerstars to ACR because my first online experiences were with Full Tilt/Pokerstars where...everyone was either getting comments or giving comments.

That was way back in the early days of online poker, where most of the people playing micro or low stakes games were recreational. Today there are a lot of multitabling regulars, who play for profit, and they dont have time for chatting. This is certainly also the case on the international Pokerstars site, where of course americans have not been able to play for the past 9 years. I am one of those multitabling regulars myself, but I do try to reply, if someone say "nice hand" or anything similar in the chat. But as others have said, a lot of people have the chat turned off, so they dont even see your message. I guess the point is, if you want a more social game today, you need to play live.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my case, many times I do not respond to messages because I find myself doing other things while I play, another reason may also be to play several tables at the same time. but generally the forum members are quite sociable

4give4live

4give4live

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does antisociality have to do with this? Not everyone looks at the chat, and in wpn the text in the chat is not displayed on the table. Therefore, it can be easily missed.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I have mostly turned off the chat. Perhaps the time of communication has passed? Now people come to play and don't want to be distracted by communication?

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I understand we're out for each others money but if you win the pot and I send a message saying NH(nice hand) or GP(good play), I don't get anything back.
I think that it, or at least part of it, is due to that chat not being very user friendly. Since the chat is integrated into the general description of the folds, raises, wins, etc... what you type can very easily be lost in the shuffle. The basic pleasantries are one of the things that I really miss since Foxwoods suspended the poker tournaments in March. My advice is to just be proud of being a gracious loser, and don't worry about why others do as they do.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Personally i have the chat off when I play for the most part. The reason are simple, most players dont really chat overall and when the do it is not for friendly purposes but for taunting or name calling. When I see someone I know by name I will open the chat window and wish them good luck but other than that I just dont open the window. The one exemption is the league games. Every one is chating and friendly when playing league games.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
good afternoon, i believe it doesn't just happen at ACR! it happens on all platforms, but I don't think you should focus on that.gl on the tables.:elefant:

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Not everyone even has the chat tab open, let alone pays attention what's happening there..

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Something similar happens at Pokerstars, when I play the platinum freerolls hahaha :hmmmm2:

I have not figured out how to detach chat on the new Aurora Graphics. If I am playing more than one game, chat is now easy to miss for me. I always respond if I notice the chat.

EllyWriter

EllyWriter

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I rarely have chat open on any site I play at. I only open it if I see a player I want to say hello to. Chat is distracting and rarely any useful info gathered there.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Personally, I am not at all interested in talking during the game. I do not care about the comments, criticism or compliments of my opponents. I try to focus only on my own right decisions.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I always try to respond to NH with TY even though I think NH is the most overused and largely meaningless acronym in the world of online poker. NP (I'm not familiar with GP but probably the same thing) is different since it suggests that the compliment is based on an assessment of the actual strategy employed as opposed to pure luck, so NP means something and will always get a response from me.

That said, I haven't played ACR in a long time and don't always pay attention to the chat box.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think players on acr are anti social its just that their chat function does not have the pop up on table feature, so almost no one checks chat, instead playr are always on tournament stats. :)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.I play more than 4 tables at the same time so I find it difficult to have a chat with another player.But , sometimes I have time to thank my opponent.

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not really a chat person,and i dont think most people pay any attention.Lets face it when most people say gl,they dont really mean it.The idea is for you to win not somone else.I want the gl not them.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone chats with me to say nh I respond back. I do notice that if I chat nh to others there is no reply sometimes, this is at Pokerstars. It does not bother me when I do not get a response, but I will say I have had some amazing conversations while still being able to play 2 games at one time. To each his own I guess.