Why no SWC threads?

T

Tony_McTony

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I recently made a post asking about the best poker rooms for new players that find 5/10 online too frustrating. I got a lot of helpful feedback from the community, mainly recommending GG poker and 888. I appreciate all the posters helping a newbie out.

Yesterday one of the players from the live home game I play in told me about this site, Seals with Clubs. The rake is very low (no rake for some microstake games), and as you would expect, .005/.01 cent poker is not very competitive. Basically, it's exactly what I was looking for.

Strangely, I can't find any information about SWC on Cardschat. I get that for experienced players who want to play higher stakes, more competitive games, it doesn't have much to offer. Still, it seems to me like the bunny hill when you go skiing, a safe place to learn before you go ski into the trees.

Is there a reason I'm missing that SWC isn't recommended?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I cannot speak for everyone else but I have never even heard about this site. 😅

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I cannot speak for everyone else but I have never even heard about this site. 😅
So haven't i ... Until i googled them ... Luckily dont use Bitcoin so dont even need to use this shady yankee site ...

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SWC is a small poker site. It is usually been about ranked between 45 to 50 for the number of players logged in to the site by PokerScout

T

Tony_McTony

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
SWC is a small poker site. It is usually been about ranked between 45 to 50 for the number of players logged in to the site by PokerScout
The player pool is noticeably small
So haven't i ... Until i googled them ... Luckily dont use Bitcoin so dont even need to use this shady yankee site ...
and it is Bitcoin only.

I think the software is great. I like that it doesn't collect my personal info. It has a lot of low stake and micro stake games which are comparatively soft compared to the popular rooms. For me that's enough to use it.

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SWC originally had very very low rake, now their rake has creeped up unfortunately. They still have basically the lowest rake around but I think they thought they were going to take the market by doing the crypto gambling with very minimal fees (I think it was 1% or under across the board when I first signed up).

Unfortunately it didn't seem to catch on. I think bitcoin is too confusing for the average recreational player and they don't really concern themselves with things relating to how much they are being raked. I think they prefer just whatever site has the best presentation and is the easiest to get money on.

Now its still a good option, but from my last experience it was mostly people playing mixed games and variants of Poker that not many people know about.

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If I'm not mistaken, isn't SWC a Bitcoin poker site?

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I recently made a post asking about the best poker rooms for new players that find 5/10 online too frustrating. I got a lot of helpful feedback from the community, mainly recommending GG poker and 888. I appreciate all the posters helping a newbie out.

Yesterday one of the players from the live home game I play in told me about this site, Seals with Clubs. The rake is very low (no rake for some microstake games), and as you would expect, .005/.01 cent poker is not very competitive. Basically, it's exactly what I was looking for.

Strangely, I can't find any information about SWC on Cardschat. I get that for experienced players who want to play higher stakes, more competitive games, it doesn't have much to offer. Still, it seems to me like the bunny hill when you go skiing, a safe place to learn before you go ski into the trees.

Is there a reason I'm missing that SWC isn't recommended?
It's difficult to find good CardsChat poker sites here in the US. I can't use GG Poker or 888, since they don't allow US players.

T

Tony_McTony

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
It's difficult to find good CardsChat poker sites here in the US. I can't use GG Poker or 888, since they don't allow US players.
You CAN use these sites but I'm not sure if you should. SWC is Bitcoin only, yes.

N

Nuts2727

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SWC is cool with me. Definitely not a lot of money to be won there, but the players are horrendous. Easy to win with bad players and small player pools, but can get frustrating getting donked all over the place some days. It's a nice change of pace every once in a while.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never heard about this poker room, so, can't say much about it. But with all new poker rooms, I would suggest to make the minimum deposit, play a little and request a cashout before investing more money. This way you can see if the room is trustworthy.