Why did I come in 3rd?

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter how many times OP was told this, OP continued to rail against it, but essentially it was the same answer that the Pokerstars email gave.

The Stars email was not what made me see a different point of view, it was zachvac's answer putting it in perspective of side pot & main pot. So, even though I was "railing" against the "because I said so" attitudes, zachvac was able to help me understand WHY the rule is the way it is.

People do become frustrated when somebody appears not to listen, but just keeps restating the same point of view over and over again

This may be true, but no need to insult people who are having a hard time understanding why a rule is the way it is. I also stated several times that I understood it was the rule, I just didn't undertand WHY it was the rule.

We don't make the rules, all we can really do is tell it the way it is :)

Again, you may not make the rules, but CC is here (from my understanding) to help others understand rules that they may not otherwise understand.

This rule may have made sense to many of you but I personally was having a hard time understanding WHY the rule was what it was, which is why I posted this question.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no need to insult people who are having a hard time understanding why a rule is the way it is
I agree with you 100% - but I'm not convinced that anyone did really insult you, either :)

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my comment was said tongue in cheek as a response as to why the discussion was going on when the question was answered in first few posts. It is just a rule of poker, there is no real reason for it, it is just a rule. Such as why have 2 blinds? why not just one blind?. There is no real reason to have 2, but it is just a rule. Why does the flop have 3 cards, then 1 turn and 1 river, why not 2 card on flop, 2 turn cards and 1 river. Again, there is no real reason for it, it is just a rule.

But there actually was logic behind it. As Zachvac said, my stack was "cleaned out" (if you will) in the main pot leaving A & B for the side pot, which A still won leaving B as the 2nd place finisher. Now instead of just being "the way it is", there is a good explaination as to why it is the way it is. So, although the first few responses stated "because it's that way", it took several more to recevied a decent explaination, which is why the thread continued. Had I stopped with the first few I would still have no clear understanding as to why.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did actually learn something from this thread which I didn't know before, so from that point of view it has theoretically been useful. Not that it really matters, because those are the rules whether I like it or not...