Why doesn't the United States play in the PS

E

eduardo8269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the old days the Portuguese also played didn't I see the PS again by chance isn't it an American site?

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
for me at that time Daniel Negreanu was an idol, an encouragement that I also have a chance and to top it off I had the honor of playing with him at the table (ko🙃👍)
Wow that's really cool. But he still is an idol and now after PS , ambassadorfor the fastest growing pokersite today. GGPoker

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In the old days the Portuguese also played didn't I see the PS again by chance isn't it an American site?
That's a very good question!

Quite enjoyed reading a book called 'Alligator Blood' myself...

😙🎶🎵

~EDiT:- pokerstars was originally co-founded by an Israeli-Canadian in Costa Rica, so simple algebra equates to yes, it's an "American" site... :geek:

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do Americans play on GG? I think they play on ACR, is there any possibility of them playing on PS again? And the Russians? do you think they'll come back?

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
isn't it an American site?
It.was actually founded by a company in Costa Rica which was owned by the Scheinberg family who are Israelis.
So I'd say it's an Israelian company ^^
Guess where the HQ is for tax reasons ...
ireland :D

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do Americans play on GG? I think they play on ACR, is there any possibility of them playing on PS again? And the Russians? do you think they'll come back?

GGPoker - no, US cannot play there
ACR - US can play there but it is unregulated
PS - US as a country will likely never be able to play there again but some individual states can but they have to play separately than the rest of the world.

Russians - will not likely be permitted to play again until the war on Ukraine ends

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Americans used to be able to play there way back in the day before black Friday. I still have a home games club where I used to run real money tourneys, now there are some people who play for fun from those days. The only thing I play there now are the home games from this forum occasionally. There are very few options for a poker player in the US., no Pokerstars, no 888, no GG, no partypoker....

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, at the time crimes committed by people linked to online poker were discovered, the US Department of Justice indicted 3 founders of the 3 largest companies linked to online poker and their poker sites were banned from operating in the USA.
The complaint is about an alleged scheme created by poker companies. According to the accusations, fake bank accounts were created for shady transactions, many accounts were frozen.

Some States have not banned online poker if the source I read this information is correct are the States:

New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Colorado and Michigan.