Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Myself,.. I too prefer to be on a table of decent players (I do better on those tables,... much better). After goin' on a sng run of 20 straight KO's with 19 of them bein' an 87% fav. on the flop when getting my chips allin, or on rarer occasion of getting sucked out on as a 4:1 fav preflop (more understandable obviously), then yah,.. i'd have to say I prefer to play against decent players too.
Something wrong with my game perhaps?? Hmm... on the one's in question I would think not, reviewed all hands and rarely had a mis-step of any kind and never when losing a large pot (onlyl a few times when I might've been able to pick up a few smaller ones).
Some really prefer the donk super mini micor buy-in tables but personally I think the game is boring there for one, and two, soooo much more of the luck factor seems to come into play (limp limp, limp limp, min raise, call call call,.. flop.... min bet, call call call call,.. min raise,.. call call call call,.. Is that poker??? reminds me of a homegame as a grade school kid but I don't think we played that poorly??... maybe we did???)

CrackaNACtion

CrackaNACtion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eh thats poker. im sure if u had the winning hand and hit a 1 outer u wouldnt of complained. sometimes luck is a factor.. in the long run it doesnt mean crap over knowledge of the game. people complain about bad beats. but i mean look at how many hands u actually end up playing on a website an hour. specially if u was like me playing 2-3 tables at a time. it happends

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
im not complaining about a bad beat or two, im talking at least a hundred. I dont play all day every day, I learned a long time ago playing too much costs me money. there have always been idiots but the last couple months every tourny ive played there have been at least 5 if not six or seven at every table. I dont pretend to be a world class player but I like to think im pretty good. I vote with the people who said Id rather be playing with good thinking players so if i do lose Im at least learning something other than the worse these idiots play the more they get rewarded. For the record I also play a fair amount of live poker and the only thing live and online have in common is the name Hold Em

Here here... much agreed!!! If ya haven't had a time where you've experienced this, you've either been fortunate or maybe you're just not that good to have it happen to you.
What I do when experiencing a bad stretch is to go and play some freerolls, getting into some freeroll mania. Actually got into it alot this past month due to the prior one being so completely lame and so far in May have had 40+ freeroll cashes (yah.. 40+,.. craziness but very tiring). Have almost earned enough thru them for a decent single buy-in now, lol.

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good vs Bad

I agree that I'd much rather play good players than players who don't really have a clue as to how to bet, what to bet or when to bet! I HATE tthose friggin' "All-Ins" or even people calling w/nothing! And then they friggin' WIN! Wouldn't be so bad getting beat, but I'd like to at least learn sumpin' when I do!:p

M

Miggs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why the hell would you want play against good players - yeh they'll know when to bet and fold etc. but they will likely crush you in the long term. whereas playing against a total idiot, who cant wait to donate his chips to you when you have the nuts, you will beat them eventually in the long term.

i just dont understand the logic of some people sometimes. or is it just me?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why the hell would you want play against good players - yeh they'll know when to bet and fold etc. but they will likely crush you in the long term. whereas playing against a total idiot, who cant wait to donate his chips to you when you have the nuts, you will beat them eventually in the long term.

i just dont understand the logic of some people sometimes. or is it just me?

Its a no win situation for the fish out there - people lose to them and get annoyed that they (the fish) played badly.

People win and rib them at how bad (supposedly) they are.

It is of course better to play against a bad player, a table full if your really lucky. :D

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main reason players get ticked off when someone makes a really stupid call when they know 100% they are behind and get paid off, is because it's a tournament. Many posts in all forums correctly state that in the long run, solid play will pay off, that holds true in ring games, not in tournaments. Luck plays a huge part in tournament play and anyone who won a tournament and tells you they didn't suck out at least once is deluding themselves. In ring games, it doesn't matter is the fish chaser sucks out 1 in 4 hands, in the long run, they will lose. I don't recall ever feeling like throwing the lappy out the window after losing a cash game hand to a bad beat. Totally different in a tourney though, because you got railed by a bad play and 3 hrs of solid play goes down the toilet. Luck wins tourneys, skill wins cash games.

Wild Rivers

Wild Rivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone know what’s up with all the idiots that are suddenly online playing poker. Ive quit playing on several sites already and Bodog is next. Yesterday , the most recent example, the first hand 10 and 20 blinds third person to act goes all in, the person in the cutoff calls. The original raiser has A J offsuit and the caller has K 8 of spades. well the moron hits an 8 on the turn and wins the hand. Two hands later. still 10 and 20 blinds. the person first to act raises to 100 and it folds around to Mr. K 8 suited and he goes all in and is called instantly by the first guy. So we get to see the cards and its 4 7 offsuit .original raiser against J 9 of clubs. 4 7 hits a straight doubles up.
You get the idea here. I’m seeing this in every tourney and the worse these idiots play the more they seem to win which only encourages them .
Now I only play 5 and 10 dollar tourneys for the most part so we aren’t talking huge wins or loses but still it seems there is no skill anymore just go all in with anything and hope for the best.
And yes Ive had a lot of real hands run down by these retards, which really pisses me off, I understand these things happen but they shouldn’t happen as often as they do on some of these sites.
Has anyone else noticed this recent trend and if not what sites are you playing on.

Hmmm...first allin started by a player with A/J offsuit and the next by 4/7? (Sklansky would be licking his chops sitting at that kind of table.) As for me, I LOVE watching foolish players fighting it out in early stages! The winner is the guy who's gonna fatten me up with his careless play later when I've got the goods and he's betting on la la land. These are undoubtedly the same people who buy $10 and $20 scratch off lottery tickets so you KNOW they are bad at math. Anyone who's willing to lose their ass in an effort to save face is welcome at my table!;)

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
THIS IS AWESOME! I am definitely moving to bodog, I hope all the logical players leave bodog tooo.

LEAVE THE FISH FOR ME...I can sit there and wait allllllll dayyyy.

P

PaulWinsCash

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, Mr. CrackaNACtion

Hi, How do you play 3 hands in one poker site, I can't figure it out?

Thank you,

Paul

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually prefer a couple donks on the tables, but recently found it frustrating. I was waiting for the donk to get knocked out but with the blinds going up and this one unfortunatly was actually hitting on turn or river and increasing his stack it was obvious i needed to act on fist opportunity. I got aj and decided to play. flop was kq 10 i raised apparently not enough he called. there were 2 hearts on board so flop was nothing I raised again he all inned i all inned he cought the 3rd heart to match the two in his hand. I understand this is poker and happens but some can seem to raise consistantly and catch it.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aside form all of this craziness, why have i been seeing the word "retard" a lot on this forum, kinda weird its used so loosely

These ignorant insults to people who really have mental disabilities are some of the worst things I see among kids and ignorant adults who play online. I see the worst kind of ignorance among poker players, online, than I have ever witnessed anywhere.

Foul language and ignorance from uneducated bumpkins, I am learning to live with it, but it makes me sad and wonder what these people do to those around them in 'real' life..

nuts422

nuts422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donks can be very frustrating in tournaments. Less so in cash games. I know this one donk who likes to put all his cash in (typically between 5 and 10 bucks) on a 5/10 cent full tilt ring game. I have made plenty from this guy, so yesterday I saw him playing again and I made sure to sit down at his table. In short order, he hits a quad against my full house. He then calls my all in bet with a flush draw on the turn (he calls a bet twice the pot with a 16% chance of winning). Of course he hits the flush but I can't help it: I love this guy.