Whats YOUR homegame like?

Mugetsu

Mugetsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im interested to see what everyone elses home games are like. Any wild fights, any undiscovered talents or any old pros?

Mine is a fairly wide range of players. We play in a Pub in Perth on sundays and have started to attend other games around perth.

There are some decent and solid players who will play a steady game but rarely cash. There are a few who regularly make moves on players but also know when to hold tight and lay hands. There are the people who are effectively dead money and then there are one or two totally wild players who money doesnt matter to.

We play plenty of short handed sngs, some full table sngs and the monthly mtt. Usually for £2 with the monthly £5 game. When we play at peoples houses its a set £5 buy in per game usually shorthanded.

So, what are your games like?

Any pics or videos etc are well welcome!

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My home games are so fun its sick. We play dealer choice anything goes game wise and buy in for $40 bucks in chips with a dollar max/ 50c min bet 3 raises etc. they are pretty much our excuse to get drunk and rowdy and have a good time. I love em.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a core poker group of about 25 people who meet two or three times a week to play at someone's house (my night to host is Friday night). We start out with a tournament (usually hold em, but sometimes HORSE or Omaha Hi) with a 20 to 40 dollar buy-in, sometimes with re-buys. As players bust out, the cash game cranks up. Usually 1 and 2 dollar blinds, sometimes more, sometimes less.

We've been lucky. We have clearly posted "rules" so there are almost no disputes and when there are, everyone knows the host has the final say. The only times we've ever had fights break out have been between husbands and wives and most of the time, it's not even about poker.

Of course, there's a lot of drinking, so towards the end of the night when we get down to about 5 or 6 players, you start seeing some seriously wild play.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crazy, loose and profitable .25/.50 NL game. Core group of 8 and often a few new donors / players. Always a good time.

W

walleyedog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Our weekly home game starts with 2 tables, a .25/.50 limit holdem, and a $5 buyin SNG on the other, blinds in the SNG dbl every 15 minutes, so gets pretty wild pretty quick, we generally set a second SnG afterwards, sometimes even a 3rd once in a while. its great fun and no one gets hurt too bad money wise.

Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would kill for a home game. I need to find some live action in this town.

Mugetsu

Mugetsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully if there is anyone on CC from your town they may answer your plea!

Oh my, last night it all kicked off! We had a guy cheating, two guys nearly fighting and lots of donkish play in between! The guy cheating was apparently posting blinds/bets and then skimming off the top of them and returning a few chips to his stack before they were pulled in. It was all fairly subtle but one guy saw it and blew his top and they just started having a go.

Insane!

Keep em coming!

R

Ranger390

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My homegame is made up of 8 players. Several of us are fraternity brothers. Others are local friends. We've known each other for almost 40 years and played once a month for the last 35 years. We play a 5c/10c/25c ring game, dealer's choice. Since Hold'em and Omaha have become popular, many of the crazy games we used to play have gone by the wayside. We now play a lot of 25c/50c Hold'em and Omaha.

MrDaMan

MrDaMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I run my home games as the dealer. If a player requests the deck when the button lands on them I allow them to deal a hand and other players can participate or not it's up to them.

Usually 40 to 100 dollar buy-in no-limit and my friends are rookies who call anything with nothing, which is a mixed blessing and a curse at the same time. No fights, I don't drink, am a take charge dealer and will repeat the rules often as necessary to be sure they are understood by all players.

I average doubling my buy-in (40 to 80) each game, have lost in it only twice and broke even many times.

It's more about a social gathering than poker most of the time with my friends, more about fun than profit. :cool:

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well there are 20 to 30 of us who get together and play a game every monday, it normally last 2to3 hours with blinds every 15 minutes and 2000 starting chips
its a str8 forward game with some good solid TAG players, some fish,some donkies and me :). the buy in is usually 100$ but once every 6 months we play a main event that is a 500$ buy in{satties for it too lol}

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games