Whats Your Favorite Hand?

A

a_debrie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a fan of suited connectors lower than 10.....I love the possibilities...flush, straight, plus if low cards come and you hit a pair, everyone else probably has face cards, and you just screwed them. :secruity:

woodsy44

woodsy44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My fave hand has got to be either 10 Q diamonds or any suited consecutive cards (eg 89, 910, 10J)

B

bloodspud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like pocket k's.....anytime im in a hand with aa vs kk, kk always wins

F

fumblessr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My Favorite Hand has to be 9 2 of Spades... I don't think that I have ever lost with them... so its the only non- premium hand that I play unless playing a short-handed game... It's kinda sentimental

Last edited:
J

josh724

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my favorite hand is the one that makes the nuts....but thats just me. otherwise i prefer Q-10 of clubs or a nice 4-5 suited that i can limp with on the button.

V

Vinspector

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Little slick K2 suite have made a tonn of money on that one also like 35 two straigh flushes with that one

P

pokerdean

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ spades is my favourite hand just purely because it looks nice... when the cards come round and take a look at an AJ spades the hand is just a pretty site to look at... strange but true.

H

hockey072

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ

I always hit with those.:top:

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I truthfully don't have a favorite hand. My favorite will come later when I have a real milestone to equate them with. Like Doyle's 10-2, or Hellmuths 9s-9c. I want to have a reason to play crappy hands like they're the nuts other than they "look purdy."

I

Ironman999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like KK, AJ, AQ, you have a good chance to win.

T

takua

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do have a favorite hand, but won't say because it will jinx it.

I will say one of my LEAST favorite hands is KQ. I always seem to hit the flop and then get outdrawn with that one...

B

bloodspud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer kings, but tonight i have got found that a 67 isnt that bad..... i screwed 2 guys in a row from my big blind tonight with that hand..... flop 66 and a low card, i check/call, then 7 on the turn both times. got them to all-in me both times also.... fun getting ppl to bet all their chips into you when you have the nuts.
. .+
.. +
. OO

Last edited:
Bill_Hollorian

Bill_Hollorian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gosh Im gonna be a buzz kill. First of all a "hand" is 5 cards, you guys keep only naming two...why?

We all have the same favorite hand. A royal Flush in Spades.
Unless our playing Razz or low ball, you see everything is relative.

Every hand is a winner and a loser. You guys are talking about starting values. which is exactly 27 percent of a "hand" I sound like a wiseguy but seriously everyone.

You guys are gonna hate me soon huh?

Bill

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A7 - last 3 times i've seen it all in against AK, its won - last 2 times I had it!

M

MickoBGD

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like A & 10, I dont know why but i like it more than A and K :)

hate Q & 2

C

colin_147

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to limp in with K 8, suited or OS, doesnt matter

Have hit trip 8's a few times and the kicker always holds up too

G

Googlez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a toss up between Q 7 suited spades
4-5 clubs
or AQ Hearts.

Bronco_Bob83

Bronco_Bob83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
9-10 suited has always been my hand. Straight and flush possibilities, decent if you catch A pair. For some reason it has always been lucky for me. I have AK of spades tatooed on my arm but generally I lose with this hand.... but 9-10 wouldn't look as cool.:shot:

TDeuce

TDeuce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i feel it very dangerous to have a favorite hand, because then when it comes you are like "here it is - my hand!!!" and then you get screwed...i do like pocket 2s though as i feel they are a sniper as no one really thinks about them if the flop come 2-K-10 or so

C

Creativ3

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is dangerous to have favorite hand not unless your willing to fold that favorite hand before you get popped with it. My favorite hand would have to be Q10 on suit, but off suit is fine too.

Crippler450

Crippler450

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having a favorite hand wont help your game, but it does make it more fun. If you have one specific favorite hand (suited and everything), then when you catch it, its more fun to play than the rest. Even Brunson loves showing off his 2 10 to the crowd when he wins with it (He has stated that he always plays that hand at least once in each tournament just for fun). It just adds fun to the game, and will only hurt you if you let it.

Z

Zypher22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course a high PP is definately a good hand, but as for a favorite I dunno, I kinda like J-10 because of all the straight possibilities with it.

J

JackJack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine is JJ's for no particular reason. :D

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands