Whats the biggest hand you've ever mucked?

zinzan1000

zinzan1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
beardyian said:
Last week i think it was, in a Nightly series game i laid down a full house because of single J.

Had made the boat on the turn but the bet was called and by the river my chip stack was threatened when faced with an all-in push.

There are 2 questions thanks to Poker Night Live i always ask myself now when facing resisitance in a betting scenario - what could he be holding and is it beating me.

Well this time it worked :) as he too had made a boat with thanks to the only card on the board that could have hurt - the J, it had come down in the flop, stayed out of my way but would have been the killer card had i called.

Layed my full house down and saved myself 1,000 chips and finished 2nd.

IanT

Yes Ian, I was there and commented on the great lay down.
Those are the subtle things you have to look out for, and you did it with style.

zinzan1000

T

TheDon704

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Best hand II folded by accident was Str8 Flush

J

JJPHENOM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the boran showed 3456 all hearts i had a 2 of hearts thorugh many re raises i wasnt in for too much but my opponet pushed everything he had, 300 dollars it had taken me 2 weeks to gain up to my 500 and i didnt want to lose it all and i wasnt pot commited i layed it down, i layed down a strait flush and the dude had the 7 of hearts I KNEW IT. (HAPPENED ON STARS, WHAT A SURPRISE)

P

Peter North

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost with four 4's to someone who had four 6's. But the worst I have ever seen was someone had four 10's and lost to a royal. The guy hit the Q,K on the turn and river.

P

pokerbrat0582

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is not my story, I saw it live!!! I was in Vegas and this poor kid young probably barely 21 sat down at a table(I think he sat with $500 but it was last year @ wsop and I have a horrible memory) and his first hand he was dealt was KK!!!!!!!!! The board came K A X A K!?!?!!? Anyone want to take a guess as to what happened?...... He lost with quad K's to quad A's! I felt so bad for the kid!!! Anyone think that they would have layed down that hand?

spore

spore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've laid down Aces full of Kings.

Hand, KK
Board, TAAKA.

I played the hand stupid and was trying to slow play the aces up, then the Kings full. I was up against AK, I did lay it down on the river though. Good laydown, bad play up to that point. Opponent showed.. I kicked myself once I realized I was behind the whole way from the flop.

thesurgeonfrank

thesurgeonfrank

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
a stright flush

playing two tables at the same time. I was in both pots with a flush draw on one and a full house made on the flop in the other, the board paired and the raiser went all-in i quickly folded and relized i passed my straight flush, would have been big!!!!!! he had full house

A

AceZWylD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mucked an ace high flush in a tournament.
My opponent bet aggressive the entire hand and the flop brought JJ6, turn was 8, and river was 6.
I hit my flush on the turn and tried to push him out but he called. When he went all in on the river, I knew I was probably beat. The tourney was 1 person from the cash, so I folded.
It was either a hell of a lay down, or he bluffed the hell out of me. Either way, I cashed in the tourney, so it's all good.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best hand I laid down was a boat Js over Ks. Had pocket Js and flop came J K K . Made a big bet and was reraised. Just knew villian had K J . I folded it and he showed me his hand. He had it. Biggest lay down I ever did.
Now if I could only fold other hands that I get I would improve my bankroll.

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
laid down a set of 8s on a A82 flop in 109 dollar buy-in tourney once...i was a bigstack at the time... i open-raised 3x BB... he re-raised, i called him, led out the flop with a pot sized bet, he calls... led the turn with another pot sized bet... he re-raises twice that.... i re-raise HIM, and he moves all in... after about 40 seconds of thinking i was convinced he had AA and laid it down.. he never showed me but he said he had AA..

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands