What would happen?

A

Albertjwlee90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What would happen if I had a friend out of the US create a pokerstars account and I tried to play in the US?

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can try to use a good one VPN lol

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apart from possible moral issues with this plan, one problem is that Stars has aggressively gone after players who do this. For example, when Gordon Vayo claimed to be in canada for 2017 SCOOP but was actually playing from the US, they caught him and took his funds even though he was using a VPN to play.

Maybe a nice trip to mexico instead? :)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Before the alias change on partypoker I wanted so bad to play from Greece in the original skin and not to another one. So many emails with the CS asking them about VPN etc but in the end they didn't allow me because they don't offer their services in my country.

Since you asking this questions in my opinion I don't like it!I wouldn't risk any winnings, what if you are unlucky and get caught?

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Apart from possible moral issues with this plan, one problem is that Stars has aggressively gone after players who do this. For example, when Gordon Vayo claimed to be in Canada for 2017 SCOOP but was actually playing from the US, they caught him and took his funds even though he was using a VPN to play.

Maybe a nice trip to Mexico instead? :)
This. Chances are very high that you will eventually get found out (probably when you want to withdraw winnings) and you will get your account frozen and funds/winnings confiscated.

I miss playing for real money at PokerStars. :( Maybe I need to consider moving south of the border!

Last edited:
oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no idea but would bet that they would let you play and play to your hearts content collecting rake,until you want to withdraw funds,then they would stomp on it :) gl