What was the worst mistake that happened to you in an online poker room?

danelyCS

danelyCS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, with error I mean some system error of the room, a badly announced tournament, a software error and the like.

For example, in my case, I play a lot of Omaha Hi-Lo, there was a time when I registered at Bet365 in an Omaha Hi-Lo Tournament that I had already played several times, I knew it perfectly, the cost of the entry was EUR 10, then I played as normal, one day I expected the boat to be divided because I had the Low Hand, I was in a good position and I was ALL IN against a player with more chips than me, but what happened! be eliminated! :mad::mad::mad: NOOOO! What the hell is happening, I asked myself.:confused::confused::confused:
What happened was that, although the tournament was advertised as Omaha Hi-Lo, the system suddenly started to take it as Omaha Hi only, and there was the error, so all the Lo hands they were not taken into account, besides sometimes there is no low hand then one can not realize.

Then with all the evidence in my favor I contacted to the support of Bet365, and first the people of the chat did not give me importance and they told me that I lost giving me any stupid reason, you know how the support people are, they wanted to teach me how to play, but after a week I was refunded the amount of the ticket, and I also complained to get compensation because I was not the guilty and also I was in a good position in the tournament and would have won something more than only the entry, and they ended up giving me twice the entrance, and obviously they blamed all Ipoker.

Well I hope I have not boring you, I just wanted to tell you, greetings to all!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Strange occasion the one you are describing , are you sure you didn't make yourself a mistake ?? Online poke software is impossible to make a mistake I believe .

Now I remember my experience when I first started poker . I was playing at pokerstars PLO cash game , I saw flush diamonds , I had Ad , so on the river when the opponent raised I reraised . The other one thought for some secs and just called . He had a low flush . I took many screenshots , I wanted to make a big fuss for this , I contacted the support , saying I am outrageous , the software had a problem and I couldn't believe in my eyes , it didn't pay my nut flush hand . The support team girl answered me in a polite way with a very long email , describing to me how to play omaha , especially focusing on the part that you play with BOTH YOUR HOLE CARDS . I felt a complete idiot , embarassed , and I was asking myself , ok I didn't notice this , I was playing so many hours , how the hell I was winning so much ????LOL .

It was a good lesson to be tremenduslly extra carefull before I complain for anything in the future .

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was going to withdraw $1,000 of my account but my dumb self went on a losing streak and kept losing and losing and eventually didn't have enough money to even withdraw...

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Push the the all in button unintentionally instead of fold. Lost my chips.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The worst mistake to me was when the D.O.J. stepped in and shut down Pokerstars, Full Tilt, and UB/Absolute Poker in the U.S.

danelyCS

danelyCS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strange occasion the one you are describing , are you sure you didn't make yourself a mistake ?? Online poke software is impossible to make a mistake I believe .

Now I remember my experience when I first started poker . I was playing at Pokerstars PLO cash game , I saw flush diamonds , I had Ad , so on the river when the opponent raised I reraised . The other one thought for some secs and just called . He had a low flush . I took many screenshots , I wanted to make a big fuss for this , I contacted the support , saying I am outrageous , the software had a problem and I couldn't believe in my eyes , it didn't pay my nut flush hand . The support team girl answered me in a polite way with a very long email , describing to me how to play omaha , especially focusing on the part that you play with BOTH YOUR HOLE CARDS . I felt a complete idiot , embarassed , and I was asking myself , ok I didn't notice this , I was playing so many hours , how the hell I was winning so much ????LOL .

It was a good lesson to be tremenduslly extra carefull before I complain for anything in the future .

Believe me that is very posible that Poker Rooms have mistakes, also online betting sites, i'm 100% sure that i was rigth. In fact the people from the support of bet365 sent me an email asking for an apology, gave me a ticket of EUR 10 which was the amount of the ticket and also paid me, I do not remember well but I think 25 EUR.

screenshot_31.png

They told me:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. To thank you for sending us this information, we have credited to your Poker account € 25 plus a tournament token worth € 10.

Again, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter.

:mad::mad::mad:Damn! They should have given me at least 100 USD! The first place paid more than 400 USD.:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not paying attention and accidently calling an all in when i thought i was checking.

U

Umka1986

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can think of only one stupid mistake, one time, two of AA was called by the big blind, in place of having to enter a 3-bet, paid dearly for this mistake

danelyCS

danelyCS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems that very few people read and understand when someone asks, I am asking about mistakes in a poker room, but I speak of errors that are directly from the room not about the mistakes of the players.

Also I put what happened to me and that is a clear example.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the Internet, a lot of talk about the error in the program of the random number generator. When I lose, I also start to believe in reviews. But it's just my thoughts and feeling bad. Need to rest, sleep and everything will be fine

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I have been lucky. I have never seen any software errors in the 11 years plus years that I have played online poker.

In the early days, I only played Full Tilt and PokerStars (about 50% each). Both had great software.

Now, I mostly play at Pokerstars (at least 90%). Still great software.

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One time I accidentally entered an Omaha game which I had no idea how to play.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make them all the time going all in when I should play... I just cant help it lol

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, with error I mean some system error of the room, a badly announced tournament, a software error and the like.
For example, in my case, I play a lot of Omaha Hi-Lo, there was a time when I registered at Bet365 in an Omaha Hi-Lo Tournament that I had already played several times, I knew it perfectly, the cost of the entry was EUR 10, then I played as normal, one day I expected the boat to be divided because I had the Low Hand, I was in a good position and I was ALL IN against a player with more chips than me, but what happened! be eliminated! :mad::mad::mad: NOOOO! What the hell is happening, I asked myself.:confused::confused::confused:
What happened was that, although the tournament was advertised as Omaha Hi-Lo, the system suddenly started to take it as Omaha Hi only, and there was the error, so all the Lo hands they were not taken into account, besides sometimes there is no low hand then one can not realize.
Then with all the evidence in my favor I contacted to the support of Bet365, and first the people of the chat did not give me importance and they told me that I lost giving me any stupid reason, you know how the support people are, they wanted to teach me how to play, but after a week I was refunded the amount of the ticket, and I also complained to get compensation because I was not the guilty and also I was in a good position in the tournament and would have won something more than only the entry, and they ended up giving me twice the entrance, and obviously they blamed all Ipoker.
hi hi
onetime nearing money in an MTT.... i flop a straight flush to the 8.... guy next to me raises and i stunned looking at such a marvellous hand, and i consider what to do, how much reraise and i time out and it folds me!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me nothing major, than can be blamed on the site. A cupple of times the server went down during tournaments, but then it resumed later, so it was just an inconvenience.

Like others I have however made some gross mis-clicks. The risk of this is particularly large, when I multitable and stack my tables, since new tables then might pop up, while I am considering my actions on the one, I look at.

A few weeks ago when I reviewed my results after the session in PokerTracker4 I was like "why am I down this much, and what is this large pot, I lost???" So I opened the replayer and discovered, that I had 55 in a single raised pot, flop came TT8, it went check-check.

On the turn the Villain then piled it all in, an absurd overbet for more than 15 times the pot. And I had accidentally called this! This really sucked, because he played his hand so badly but got rewarded by my misclick. Since then I have gone back to mostly tiling rather than stacking my tables, which reduce the risk of misclicks.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I raise w AA and my opponent shoves on me and I try to call call call - but the screen freezes. Never had that issue before and after a couple of minutes I reboot to find out that I had timed out folded my AA and lost the hand......sad...

Good luck !

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure if this counts, but I have fallen asleep before during a long tournament and woken up with almost all my chips gone.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I had a nut boat folded on me.

ryknow666

ryknow666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the worst mistake is not controlling yourself, playing and losing and thinking that if you keep playing you will recover and you keep losing, you play badly because you are upset your emotions are not calm

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
accidentally folded AA, bothered me for days

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this thread is supposed to be about mistakes the poker rooms have made and not about mistakes we have made as players. But I can not remember any mistakes that poker rooms have made just mine but they are too plentiful to even begin to talk about.

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Miss clicks. I made one on the CC freeroll on BetOnline on Saturday.
I was meant to fold, but called and all in and lost.
I only managed to cash $4. I was top 9 before the miss click.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! I think, Everybody had and will have else the many different mistakes, playing in online Poker (or live),
because Poker is complex diverse Game, and no one can avoid these unpleasure moments... Main, consistently and constantly
to work above Game:cool:, and then Success exactly coming!..:icon_king And Good Luck Everyone!;):):D

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My worst mistake I ever made was starting up the Betfred account after a night out on the beer thinking I was registering for a 50 cent buy in sit and go and found once the game started it was a $50 buy-in, lost a third of my bankroll in one single game.
Took me about 4 months to make it all back again, Never played drunk again.