What sites are accessible from the Philippines?

W

Wolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ideally, these sites would also be an option in the US, as I am currently in the states but will be spending a lot of time in the Philippines for the foreseeable future. Also, I don't want to use a VPN.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see players from Philippines on pokerstars, so that seem like a good option. To open an account on PokerStars and play from Philippines you will need some kind of semi permanent residence in the country, so you can send the site a phone bill or utility bill with your name and adress on it. If this is not possible, then your best and only option is going to be unregulated sites like ACR, where you can open an account using your american adress and hopefully play from both countries.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Philippines is very open regarding poker and many other stuff, most sites are legal in the Philippines I'm sure it wont be an issue man, I'm half Filipino myself.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Philippines is very open regarding poker and many other stuff, most sites are legal in the Philippines I'm sure it wont be an issue man, I'm half Filipino myself.
I agree that finding a site, which operate in the Philippines, is likely going to be very easy. Most likely the far majority of them operate there. The bigger issue for OP might be, if he is going to stay in hotel rooms or resorts, because then he cant present proof of adress, which basically all sites require.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I see players from Philippines on PokerStars, so that seem like a good option. To open an account on PokerStars and play from Philippines you will need some kind of semi permanent residence in the country, so you can send the site a phone bill or utility bill with your name and adress on it. If this is not possible, then your best and only option is going to be unregulated sites like ACR, where you can open an account using your american adress and hopefully play from both countries.
Doesn't Acr also requires a bill to validate your address before you can withdraw?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doesn't Acr also requires a bill to validate your address before you can withdraw?
They do but with ACR OP can use his american adress to create and validate his account. This is not possible with PokerStars, because they dont operate in the US. Except for some specific states, and if OP live in one of those, he will be playing in a fenced player pool, and he can not use his PokerStars account outside that state.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that finding a site, which operate in the Philippines, is likely going to be very easy. Most likely the far majority of them operate there. The bigger issue for OP might be, if he is going to stay in hotel rooms or resorts, because then he cant present proof of adress, which basically all sites require.
In that case yes I agree however if he is using Stars for example, he can use his existing account there as well as other existing sites.

W

Wolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the responses. I was there for a few months in 2005 and was only on bodog, and it was blocked from there. Now it is ignition and I wasn't able to play from there pre-pandemic. ACR seems like the most accessible site for me to get set up on.

Does anyone on ACR know of Filipino players that are playing from there?

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ideally, these sites would also be an option in the US, as I am currently in the states but will be spending a lot of time in the Philippines for the foreseeable future. Also, I don't want to use a VPN.
I see people from the Philippines playing on Americas Cardroom (ACR) they have good tournaments as well as cash games so you might want to try that.
To see where someone is from on ACR you hover over them with your cursor at the table and where they are from pops up and that is based on their physical address when they signed up, so based on that you should be good from the Philippines without any need for a VPN.