What to play at pokerstar?

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone, I'm starting I'm a rookie micro game for fun and see if I can level up, which mode I recommend playing and putting together my bankroll, I'll start with 10 dollars. spin go, sit and go, zoom, or which one? Thank you:captain:

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you just starting out i would suggest trying all of them and seeing what you like. I suggest using play money chips so you get a feel for what game you would like and then use money once you find you doing well in a game. I've benefited from many freerolls in different types of games so i was able to get better with no risk to my bankroll. Good luck.

D

Dlbcanuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would try to find as many freerolls as possible so you can develop the correct mind set before you burn through your cash. Getting some bad beats will happen and you need to develop that mindset to avoid tilting when you are using real cash.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the action at pokerstars. Always action all hours. Most tables going. Also the most Omaha Action.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
forget spin n go, too much ''rake''
zoom does not allow you to 'read the table'
easy choice: sitNgo!

feel free to check other threads on cc with advice from pro's

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would recommend a 10 cents buy-in SNG. They need to be played a lot, but I think these are good tournaments in order to gain experience and skills. SNG tournaments are considered the most stable discipline in poker, so for a start it is the best choice. A $ 10 bankroll will just be enough.

S

Sledak3001

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone, I'm starting I'm a rookie micro game for fun and see if I can level up ,I want to try myself at MTT tournaments:rolleyes:

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would strongly recommend the multi-table sit and go's.

1) very low buy-in's so your bankroll will last longer.
2) smaller fields than MTT, so a better chance of making the later stages and see how a larger tournament would develop.
3) lower variance compared to MTT's
4) softer fields that cash games
5) lower rake

Another tip; be fully prepared to lose your first deposit. Treat this as your training fee. Learn to play the game, handle variance and bad beats, bank roll management, game selection, etc, etc. $10 probably isn't enough, but obviously it depends on what you can afford to lose. You do not want to be playing with scared money.

If I were starting out from scratch again today, I would probably deposit $100. Enough to hurt a little bit, but not so much that I can't replace it with my next paycheck.

I wouldn't recommend freerolls and play money to learn how to play poker. Freerolls are great if you already have a good understanding of the game and looking to build a bankroll from nothing. Play money = waste of time.

Good luck with your poker adventure!

Loky13

Loky13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go for the sitNgo and micro tournaments,easiest way to get the hang of it.
Good luck and see you around :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10$ is a very small bankroll. Its definitely not enough to play even the 2NL cash games, so my suggestions will be 25c multi table Sit n Gos. Its even not really enough for those, but it will at least last longer, before you have to redeposit. If you get more serious about online poker, I suggest making a starting deposit of 100$ and then go from there.