What is going on at Bodog?

R

rmillot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello...

After researching other people's payout delays from bodog and getting "March Madness" excuses and "no estimated time of arrival" on my checks, I have decided to post this new thread containing an e-mail I have just received tonight:

Dear XXXXXX,
We're sorry. It has just come to our attention that 1 check(s) totaling $40 which we recently mailed to you had an error in the banking information provided on the check. The check numbers for these items are:
XXXXX
We have couriered a replacement check(s) to your registered address, which should arrive within the next 5-7 business days. To ensure that you have no problems receiving your withdrawal, we ask that you do not attempt to cash the original check(s) (noted above) containing the errors.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this issue may have caused and we would like to extend our thanks for your patience and understanding.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 1-888-263-0000 (ext. 2)
Best Regards,
Bodog.com Customer Service

Okay, what is going on here? This is VERY shady. This is only one in a series of four payouts I made at the end of March and I still haven't seen the money in four weeks...now they're telling me the check they're sending me is no good. With the legal landscape limbo of poker in the U.S. and the fact that this company operates offshore, shouldn't it be paramount for a company of this size to uphold their reputation? If I do not receive my four payouts by the end of May I will be withdrawing completely from this site. I have dealt in the past with an employer whose checks started bouncing...it was the beginning of the end of his business.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]rmillot

[/FONT]

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They sent me this same message back around March 20th. The new check arrived the following day via priority mail.

However, I had deposited the original check already. It was never returned, my bank never informed me of any issues with it. So the bad check really didn't turn out to be bad in my case.

I tried to follow up with them to confirm that the original check was no good, they replied in the affirmative that it should be returned and offered to pay any changes I may have incurred.

But like I said, no issue to date.

I still have the second (good) check, uncashed...

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada