What do you do when running bad?

A

Ariez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just walk away for awhile maybe a day or so
sometimes it dont take long other times it will last for weeks no matter what hand i get i lose.
Just wait it out....

I

Izaak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EveNthough mathematically it makes zero sense, it's tru that when u start of running bad in a session, it's everlasting until at most till the next day... I have just come back from running bad for 2 months, I was suicidal to say the least. Last 5 days I'm running good... Until today where ****ing he'll I ran bad. The river seems to be cursed ( I'm not a retard who believes in karma and shit) but it just for reasons unknown that when ur running bad it's impossible to win... That's poker it sucks but hey, that's poker ( it sucks but we still play it...) lol

D

dgking

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
running that bad sucks, it makes some people brake laptops and flip couches lol, i take breaks when this happens, usually for a few days, if i come back and continue to run bad then i go another couple days and so forth, also 15 buyins for cash games sounds like bad bankroll management to me, as far as ive been told by poker books, online ebooks etc, the lowest amount of buyins you should have is 25,and thats the very lowest from all of which i have heard on the topic. I play stakes where i have at least 50 buyins, whether it be a sng or cash games. For mtt's i dont have any advice for brm, i never buy into them just satellite into them via pokerroom points/freerolls. Good luck

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't always run bad, but when I do, I prefer to go bust.

dos-equis-guy1.jpg

***Crap I fell for a 4 year old thread revival again...

CerberAcE

CerberAcE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has happened to me for almost a week this month. Every time you make a good hand its 2nd best...or the fish call you down and hit runner runner straights to crack your sets. And just to compound the misery your AA gets all in PF 100bbs and cracked by KK.

Stopping when its effecting you is key and taking breaks. Its a cruel game... I think the more you play the more you get used to it. But its hard not to get discouraged during a downswing.

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EveNthough mathematically it makes zero sense, it's tru that when u start of running bad in a session, it's everlasting until at most till the next day... I have just come back from running bad for 2 months, I was suicidal to say the least. Last 5 days I'm running good... Until today where ****ing he'll I ran bad. The river seems to be cursed ( I'm not a retard who believes in karma and shit) but it just for reasons unknown that when ur running bad it's impossible to win... That's poker it sucks but hey, that's poker ( it sucks but we still play it...) lol

Why? Why? Why....?

F

fugitive67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well it's human nature to want to chase down those losses

you become less patient, you're not having fun, which i know affects my play, you are not as focused, you speed up your play, you feel like it's about time you get lucky, etc.

then you lose more

so either force yourself to be disciplined and forget the bad run or take a break

and remember that every great professional player has bad runs

oh and finally, i had a bad run which in retrospect may have been b/c my opponents had some stats on me ... if that is the case, then you may have to alter your play, switch games, switch sites, etc.