What is the best poker site to start playing?

carlo00mo

carlo00mo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello personally I have tried many platforms where I had different experiences if you want to start
I recommend Natural8, 888poker and AmericaCardRoom are the only rooms in which I got results do not go to pokerstars you will simply lose all your money.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
To start with real cash , ACR , 888 poker , party poker are good one to start. Pokerstars is very hard to start as most players there has become very good lately dur to lots of practice

kingofdeliorman

kingofdeliorman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played poker for many years. I took a break. Now I started again. Pokerstars is very hard to start but professional degree gives me confidence. So I play there for now.

V

Vekekeke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerstars have the best sowtfare to play. I played a long time in other sites but thanks to my friend ans CC special freeroll to pokerstars new players I decided to give it a shot and I really like to play on stars now.

E

ElTigre

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replys. I have been playing mainly in unibet. I just downloaded BestPoker. Do you have any experiences of that?

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the best poker site to start playing? I have played in unibet.

It's up on where are u from?
Not every country alows its citezen play every pokerroom you want.
Of course pokerstars, partypoker & 888 are giants in the busyness!

zhivko358

zhivko358

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello, i think pokerstars is the best online poker site.There you see some of the biggest tournaments and quite a lot of cash game traffic. A tip from me, which hall to choose, bet wisely :D:D

B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

If I was starting again I’d go party 888 and stars but only deposit as much as necessary to get the welcome bonuses. It’ll take a month to clear the bonus and that’ll give you more than enough time to decide what you like best. Stars definitely has the nicest software but that is not the only thing you should look at. Also!!! Most Importantly,!! Sign up with raketherake.com before you open your accounts,!! Free money and you can’t sign up after you open your account on many sites,!!

S

SoulCard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would give ignition a try. Anonymous tables and soft players. Getting hand histories is a pain in the butt...its basically same software as bovada. GL

I

ImUrLobster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've mainly been playing at 888 for a few months, games are soft vs Pokerstars but I've had lots of issues with the software & customer service can be hit&miss.

I've just started playing on partypoker, they kindly credited my account with $10 as I hadn't played for months. Couldn't clear the original $10 bonus but they let me keep the winnings I'd made from it. The PartyPoker rake back/bonus system seems much better than 888 or Pokerstars.

I'm in UK & find Unibet & 888 quiet at times, on PartyPoker or PokerStars you should be able to jump into a SnG/MTT very quickly. As a newbie with no HUD, I feel more comfortable playing on PartyPoker.

Compared to UniBet or 888, I prefer PartyPoker's & PokerStars Spin&Go (HexaPro) format. 888 have "BLASTS", they start like a normal spin&go but after a few minutes, you're forced all in every hand. I don't like Unibet hexapros as they can be €1 euro to enter, but the prize pool might be €1.50. AFAIK, PartyPoker & PokerStars spin&go prize pools are both at least 2x buy-in.

I regret not investing more time/money in PartyPoker sooner & I'll be playing there a lot more, very impressed as a newbie. :) Good luck in your games!

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not qualified to comment here, but i'm surprised by the comments stating how hard Pokerstars is. I would have thought as the dominant brand name it would also attract a high proportion of new recreational players?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For serious new players I recommend PokerStars for the following reasons:

1) Always games running
2) Great software
3) Safe and hassle free
4) HUDs are allowed
5) Low rake for 2-5NL cash games
6) Many 45-180 man SnGs running

PokerStars is also good for people looking to play very large tournaments for fun. It is not so good though for those, who insist on not depositing and only play freerolls, until they have build up a small bankroll.

As for games being much tougher on Stars, that is largely a myth. There are plenty of soft players, if you start at the lowest limits, like you should. Of course there are also regulars, but any poker site have those, and as you move up, they will become more common.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

where you can create your balance with free tournaments and incentives for new poker players!
I believe !!
success at unibet, it's a good room!

:burnout:

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For serious new players I recommend PokerStars for the following reasons:

1) Always games running
2) Great software
3) Safe and hassle free
4) HUDs are allowed
5) Low rake for 2-5NL cash games
6) Many 45-180 man SnGs running

PokerStars is also good for people looking to play very large tournaments for fun. It is not so good though for those, who insist on not depositing and only play freerolls, until they have build up a small bankroll.

As for games being much tougher on Stars, that is largely a myth. There are plenty of soft players, if you start at the lowest limits, like you should. Of course there are also regulars, but any poker site have those, and as you move up, they will become more common.

Thank you for an informative post. One question about HUDs though, I didn't think they were allowed there, or had become restricted?

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer Globalpoker, I find the competition is incredibly soft and I like the fact it is a browser poker site so you do not have to worry about bots or buying a hud. However ACR is really good for cash but any client like that I would recommend downloading a HUD because you will be at a huge disadvantage without.

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in NJ, USA, so my options are different than many others. Also, I play at the smallest stakes, and so decent freerolls are draws for me. And -- unfortunately -- a lot of freerolls have gone away. For, e.g., 888NJ used to have my favorite freerolls, but they've been replaced (for the most part) by freebuys (which I detest). PartyPokerNJ ditched all its freerolls, so I should be glad there are at least options.

CoinPoker was fun when they were running their 48-man freerolls. Now they've replaced them with satellites, so not a big draw anymore (coupled w/ the fact you're playing for crypto.) Nitrogen (also crypto) has freerolls, but very strict withdraw policies.

BoL used to be open to me, but now isn't. They hosted a very nice Cardschat.com freeroll, which I cashed in a couple of times.

GlobalPoker is not too bad. I enjoy the Jackpot SNGs... my weakness?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for an informative post. One question about HUDs though, I didn't think they were allowed there, or had become restricted?

HUDs are allowed on PokerStars but there are restrictions on their functionality. All the commercial programs like PT4 or HM2 have of course been adapted to comply with this, so as a user you just need to always be running the latest version.