What is the best online room for an average poker player?

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing poker for years but not constantly, at times, I consider myself an average player in tournaments I get to payouts like 1 out of 10 in American card rooms while in poker star I have not arrived even once, So I would like your opinion of which is the best online poker room for a player like me

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
If you are in US:

America's Card Room

BetOnline

AmericasCardroom

If you are non US:

Pokerstars

888 Poker

Reviews linked for these 2
I have been playing poker for years but not constantly, at times, I consider myself an average player in tournaments I get to payouts like 1 out of 10 in American card rooms while in poker star I have not arrived even once, So I would like your opinion of which is the best online poker room for a player like me

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think 888 is a very good place. Reasonable buy-ins, lots of Freerolls throughout the day, but those Freerolls are pretty crazy and and the payouts are not anywhere near as good as CC’s. You do need to deposit some money in order to have access to the Freerolls. I’ve been at 888 for 5 or so years and it has always been my favourite so far.

TPA

TPA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best rooms are the soft rooms. I play on poker Apps for this reason. You need affiliate/agent to get you started, but trust me, you will feel the difference in the skill level of opponents.

With the right affiliate/agent you will have access to really soft private games on apps. Good luck !

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 888 is a very good place. Reasonable buy-ins, lots of Freerolls throughout the day, but those Freerolls are pretty crazy and and the payouts are not anywhere near as good as CC’s. You do need to deposit some money in order to have access to the Freerolls. I’ve been at 888 for 5 or so years and it has always been my favourite so far.

Thank you Gecko, Good animal you chose, Sometimes I see you in tournaments of was a good player, May you continue to have good luck thanks for your advice

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think for now you are in the right place, stick to the Cardschat-affiliated sites so that you can play in all the freerolls and thereby improve your game to a level where you feel more confident about playing sites which others may recommend as soft or friendlier to average players. Good luck!!!

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank you Gecko, Good animal you chose, Sometimes I see you in tournaments of was a good player, May you continue to have good luck thanks for your advice

Thank-you for your kind words Miguel :). I have always had quite the fascination with geckos. The gecko in my picture is a digital art picture one of my kids made for my birthday long ago, so it is very special to me for that reason too.

Anyhow best of luck with your poker journey too, look forward to seeing you at the tables and playing :). I see that you must be fairly new to CC also, so a very warm welcome. It’s a wonderful community for so many reasons including the awesome people.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are PokerStars,888Poker and party poker which are the biggest online poker rooms.These 3 are similar and probably the safest regarding deposits and withdrawals.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am in the US and love BetOnline.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think, there is any major difference between the "toughness" of MTTs on different sites. Its much more important, what the size of the buyin is. The competition is going to be much tougher in a 55$ MTT than a 1,1$ MTT, which honestly should be very obvious and not need any explanation. The more important differences are in things like field size and structure. And here you basically need to just try the different options and see, what suits you best.

One general and important thing to consider is, that variance will increase with field size. This is one of the reasons, why I leaned towards 888 Poker for MTTs rather than PokerStars, but with the new MTT schedule on 888 Poker, the choise is no longer so clear for me, and currently I am actually playing on Stars again. The main reason for this however is, that I dont always have time for the big MTTs, so I have moved towards adding far more SnGs into my schedule, and here Stars just have way more game selection and activity.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend trying yourself in 888, in my opinion there are many average players, unlike PokerStars where I play, although I do not I consider myself a great player

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
888 been good to me

I had played less than 200 hands before Dec.2019. I was on PokerStars but would only lose my money in cash games there. I moved to 888 because they have a great free start up package then I found their Freerolls and was able to play several a day to improve. As I went up the levels my pennies turned into dollars and could enter better paying tournaments. My bankroll can sway a lot. I can get gambley when I have a few hundred in house money but that’s another story. I highly recommend 888 and think you would like it.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my main poker room and my favorite was unibet, but recently players from Russia were banned from entering there ... :(

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
888 poker is the best site for average players,,, ;)