woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
my chat was suspended for 24 hours by a site we play on for me reminding someone of a game on another poker site. I was told if it happens again my chat maybe revoked for longer...

My first ever warning from a site...I was shocked.....so be careful out there....looks like they are tightening up on chat!

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strange ... I never heard that a website that forbid talk about a competitor, even by that conflict with freedom of expression ... in which site it happen? Sure that the reason was that? May have been another passage the friend talk ... it never occurred to me , and sometimes I comment on something other sites ... good , I think at least I will stop

J

johnstack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wy what you said so much and you been baned?

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
it was just reminding a player about a league game on another site and that night in my email i was sent a note from site that my chat had been banned for 24 hours for advertising another site....
I know right i've been playing online for over 1o years now and I've been a member of many sites and forums...never had anything like this before.
Just a HU that they must be crackin down ....or my chat was one that happened to be noticed...can't be sure.
The ban was over by the next time i visited but the "willl ban for longer on next occurance" scares me some.

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was quite common about ten years ago but I haven't heard of it happening lately.
Thanks for the heads up. I will pass this on at xxxxx forum. :)
Didn't want to mention xxxxx do to the rule of not mentioning another forum. :)
Just kidding there is no xxxxx forum. Google it.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The alternative would be for the sites to make changes that enhance the playing experience for their customers, we all know that is ******* never gonna happen. Much better in the long run to do petty crap to piss off regulars. online poker remains in good hands.

angelluv725

angelluv725

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WOW. Thanks for letting us know 'Big Brother is Watching.' You should feel special that they are watching you. Well, you are a popular lady, you know.
We all think you are special. Have a great night. Hugs :D

luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a notification for saying bad words :(

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, I am not sure what site you did it on, but I know most sites don't want mention of similar forums on their sites. Its a conflict of interest.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You are such a rebel, Sue. Glad they only banned yor chat for 24 hours.

I know some sites in the past that I had to spell sites out Car bon so Carbon would not appear as ******. Some poker sites do not want other poker site names displayed in their chat.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not surprised that one site wouldn't want the name of another mentioned there. However, I am surprised that they would allow it and then punish you for it. What I mean by that is that I've noticed that on many sites, that if you try to type the name of another site in the chat box, it would get censored as if it were profanity. The same would happen if you were to enter anything.com or attempt to share a link to any website, whether it was to a competitor's site or not. For example, if you were on UB/AP, you couldn't mention cardschat.com or provide a text link to this thread (https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/warning-be-careful-what-you-poker-266937/).

Last edited:
Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You are such a rebel, Sue. Glad they only banned yor chat for 24 hours.

I know some sites in the past that I had to spell sites out Car bon so Carbon would not appear as ******. Some poker sites do not want other poker site names displayed in their chat.

Try typing Carbon on Carbon, they censor their own site name too.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yup ive seen the **** at times but never heard of a time out. Thats terrible a time out shame shame shame lmao. Yup Sue you bad girl (lady) i guess it was a site that doesnt have a censor program cheap ******s. Hang in there lady.

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A couple of things:

1. This is symptomatic of an industry where most sites are struggling to make a buck. If everyone was making tons of money it wouldn't be such a big deal.

2. It would be all too easy for a site to insert a shill into the chat of a competitor. A site has to guard against this happening.

Cheers!

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW! I never heard of someone losing there chat. Thanks for the info. I know I will be careful now.

J

jimmy62

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing chat option could be a blessing in disguise on some sites.I do know that if you type in the word mod or moderator on some sites you will get one shortly to see whats going on in the chat.I did use this option myself on a site where 3 or 4 players were conversing in spanish at my table which is a nono on most sites,mod cam on chat and told them english only in chat.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Monday in our freeroll at FF one guy at the final table was saying some pretty bad stuff. I hope they get him. Besides he didn't even know it was a CC freeroll and I wondered how he got into it. I did report it to FF and think I said something about it here. His screen name is grizz. It really got to me because we just don't do that here.

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First time for me seeing it. You would think that if it had nothing to do with the hand/hands, then you would be okay.

Thanks though

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
a few years ago playing on ps I got in a bad chat with a asshole saying a bunch of nasty stuff so I let him have it and ADMID came across chat and said the other guys chat was disabled and if I continued my would be also freaked me out didn't know bigbrother was listening

blitzenfish

blitzenfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can understand why a site may be upset with the mention of another site, human nature. It would be similar to directing someone to another forum here. Iffy etiquette.

15 or so years ago I was walking from the sales counter back to my office, passing the coffee lounge area I had in the shop. I overheard a "loyal" customer (regular free coffee drinker) telling another customer to check out a competitors stock on a $700 plus fly rod that he was thinking of purchasing that day.... I had spent at least a 1/2 an hour with him on the rod details and possible reel and line set-ups for him, giving him a "combo" price. The customer later left saying thanks, he wanted to think it over.

That evening, after the store closed, I paid 2 employees overtime to help me remove the lounge, 2 couches, coffee table, dvd tv, and the coffee stand out of the store.

The following morning the face on the "loyal" customers face was priceless. He asked where the coffee was.... I told him I couldn't afford to give out free coffee *AND* lose sales.... go try xzyp store, maybe they have coffee for you.

I took a little heat for that decision but after hearing of similar events from other dealers around the country, I believe it was the right decision.

The "moral" is.... it just isn't cool to be "in a place of business" and sending that proprietors customers elsewhere, out on the street fine.

All that said, weird slap on the wrist as I'm sure we have all mentioned another game to a friend on a different site.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Reminds me of the time I called someone a faggot during a game, I got the message really quick that I was chat banned for a week (iirc) I immediately replied asking what is wrong with the word faggot, I further said to them that faggot means a bunch of sticks, and that I can't see anything bad about my chat.

My chat ban was lifted about 30 mins after it was imposed on me. ;)

I regularly mention other site in chat during some CC games, and I wont stop doing it.

laceypearls

laceypearls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my chat was suspended for 24 hours by a site we play on for me reminding someone of a game on another poker site. I was told if it happens again my chat maybe revoked for longer...

My first ever warning from a site...I was shocked.....so be careful out there....looks like they are tightening up on chat!

I'm glad I don't do much talking other then basic railing and taunting lol

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never really been able to understand how some sites choose to enforce their policies regarding chat. I remember joining a membership site when I first started playing online poker. As I read through the TOS, there was section in there about acceptable conduct or behavior or language or something. Somewhere in there was something about language, the gist of which was that the moderators weren't idiots and it was better to let the language filter do it's job and not try to fake it out by misspelling bad words then claiming that you meant something else.

That was what I had in mind one night when I was playing with a at a table with a particularly abusive player. He had been going back and forth with several of the other players at the table for quite some time. When I picked off one of his bluff attempts, he started in on me. After a while I did respond back. And in one of my responses I utilized the adjective form of the f-word. The filter did what it was supposed to do and the word appeared in the chat box as ****ing. When I received a notification the following day that my chat had been suspended for 48 hours, my first instinct was to reply and ask them to show me the offensive language that the other players actually saw in the chat box. I decided not to because, it would likely be another month or more before I was inclined type anything else in the chat box anyway. Besides, I figured I would have probably spent the next few days going back and forth with admin trying to resolve the issue, by which time the ban would have ended. Also I made the assumption that because there had been so much inflammatory chat going back and forth between so many players for such an extended period that they had probably just banned everybody to send a message to everyone involved. But to my surprise, when I began playing the same tournament again that night, I noticed that the player that had been the most antagonistic of all was at my table still chatting away. So my chat had been banned because ****ing had shown up in the chat box, but the players that were calling each other "azzho", "fukker", "bich", and "niger" were still had their privileges intact. Go figure.

crazyforchips

crazyforchips

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a bit harsh! It could happen like 6 years ago, but today in this age, its just right to ban people for talking about competitors.

rensks

rensks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been insulted as hell on chats in pokerstars hope they've got banned permannent at least.... But thanks for the warning!