Viability

S

stephenpowell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey,

Has anyone ever questioned the viability of online poker? As much as I enjoy it I constantly find myself questioning if it legitimate. As in are the cards truly random and how this is regulated. I like it for freshening up my skills, but there is still something to be said about holding some cards in your hand.

Have a great day.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many discussions on this subject, but you will never have accurate evidence. This is the case when it is only possible to convict of distortion, but any evidence of honesty may be considered insufficient. Take it philosophically and follow bankroll management.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Try to enjoy the game better. It is not necessary to complicate everything. :D

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Learn strategies, watch videos, read articles, become a good player and win a lot of money. Do not be a loser who whines about the fact that everything is rigged and around there are only scammers.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The big sites like pokerstars and party poker have been around a long time and are legitimate. You will occasionally get bots playing but they have cracked down on this a lot lately. I’d be a bit weary of lesser known poker sites but if you stick with the main ones you should be fine.

Remember you will always get bad beats, this doesn’t mean it’s fixed.....although some days it certainly feels that way.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online poker is a video game that resembles live poker. Shuffling and card distribution follow an algorithm, so they are not completely random, and like in other video games there are glitches that could potentially be exploited.

But that does not mean online poker is not legit. The online poker rooms make their money from collecting rake regardless of who wins the pot, and they do their level best to keep the games free of any form of cheating.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
it is random having a lot of variance for each player so sometimes it is inevitable to lose with an ar of A against a weak hand

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the problem ?
If you are in serious doubt, you may find yourself a more secure hobby, such as chess. Poker is a game for those who are able to take risks.

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont understand how people question the legitimacy of pokerstars, its a billion dollar enterprise why would it rig your flop where the pot is 0.07$ !!!! read articles and watch tournaments to develop your game and stop complaining