Very Disappointed in the Quality of play at the freerolls

C

chrisjej

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
python3 said:
I agree with what someone said before. If you wait it out, you're gonna be shortstacked when the weaker players are weeded out. It' all you can do but. Those players absolutely run the game. I only pay freerolls when my account is drained.
Yes but...

I think one of the big mistakes newbies make is to play too quick early on. I see plenty of players get lucky early on with the all-ins only to go out 10 hands later cos they don't know when to stop. A big stack gives you a lot of bullying potential and a much greater ability to steal from the poor but... you still need skill to do that.

When half the players are gone, you only need to have doubled your chipstack to be ahead of the field. That's just one head to head all-in. You can play real tight and still make the money - especially given the number of table moves that happen in a lot of tournaments. Other players may not see how tight you're playing so you can maximise benefit from those pocket Kings.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
xdmanx007 said:
It is not just stars but it does seem a little worse there, the reason why it is much more a game of chance is because people don't have anything invested so they "gamble" or some just try to win with a BS hand to get a laugh, they usually get a laugh or 2 before they bust out. When the game is FREE there will always be people screwing up the game. My advice is put some money on the table and try your skills, the game is MUCH better when people actually have some real dough on the line. ALSO you don't have all the youngins who can't play for real screwing up the freerolls. Having said that I can put up with the idiots to have a chance to win some scratch with nothing invested. :thefinger
I feel the exact same way. I've seen people in play money rooms who say they are trying to learn the game better before they play the real money....there is no way! Play money and real money tables are two totally different worlds....when you are playing for nuttin' you may be more apt to call, knowing you can replenish your play chips if you lose........unfortunately, many of these same people flow over to the freeroll tourneys as well. I have been beat by such circumstances as well, and it does tend to piss one off! lol

J

jamiethemole

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I see your point raptor. People just don't care because they haven't put any money into it. If it was a more serious tournament where they paid $100 for example, none of them idiots would be playing such a high risk game of poker, blowing everything on the first hand

Freeroll Passwords