Venom Steps

I

icecoldzomby

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone grinding the Venom Steps? I have gotten to the $50 a few times, I played a Sit & Go I played a MTT once with 10 seats to the $200 step. I see some new "Venom Fever" tourneys that are looking quite juicey with multiple seats to the Main Venom... I would like to hear thoughts on strategies that have worked to get far in the steps or even into the main. Thanks.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone grinding the Venom Steps? I have gotten to the $50 a few times, I played a Sit & Go I played a MTT once with 10 seats to the $200 step. I see some new "Venom Fever" tourneys that are looking quite juicey with multiple seats to the Main Venom... I would like to hear thoughts on strategies that have worked to get far in the steps or even into the main. Thanks.

I'm in it 3-4 times each day, donking my way through the 40 seat freeroll and getting tighter in next steps.
By my humble opinion the best thing to do is to play "skip2" with $6.6 ticket for $50 ticket and with $50 ticket play one more skip2 for $600 ticket.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, in the beginning, I just shove and pray. I try to build something super quick so I can make smart moves later. If I get knocked out early, there's always another.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in it 3-4 times each day, donking my way through the 40 seat freeroll and getting tighter in next steps.
By my humble opinion the best thing to do is to play "skip2" with $6.6 ticket for $50 ticket and with $50 ticket play one more skip2 for $600 ticket.

I dont like the skips at all. doesnt pay enough spots to move on and i think its a much greater risk then necessary. Definitely requires much more luck of all in gamble. cause you have to have a Big stack in order to get one of the very few tickets for amount of people in it.
Do you know every level has a sng to play vrs turnys.
IMO the first and last step is hardest ones. The 6.60 is 1 in 3 tickets(in turnys) the 15 is 1 in 4 get ticket, 60 is 1 in 4 same with 200 and the 600 is 1 in 5 all with payouts to one or 2 others.
Ive made it to 6 once 200 couple times once in SNG and cashed for 203 50 3 times and lately having hard time getting out of 6.60 and the 15.150 They still have that Push and prey bingo mind set

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think your right the skips are the way to go.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like the skips at all. doesnt pay enough spots to move on and i think its a much greater risk then necessary. Definitely requires much more luck of all in gamble. cause you have to have a Big stack in order to get one of the very few tickets for amount of people in it.
Do you know every level has a sng to play vrs turnys.
IMO the first and last step is hardest ones. The 6.60 is 1 in 3 tickets(in turnys) the 15 is 1 in 4 get ticket, 60 is 1 in 4 same with 200 and the 600 is 1 in 5 all with payouts to one or 2 others.
Ive made it to 6 once 200 couple times once in SNG and cashed for 203 50 3 times and lately having hard time getting out of 6.60 and the 15.150 They still have that Push and prey bingo mind set

I'm an old school boy, I prefer "1 in 10", no rebuys, no re-entries. No mercy for the weak/dumb. No waste of time.

I'll leave such things like masturbating 7 times "1 in 3" for kids and newbies. Personally I don't understand this... You're given a free option to play. But you will have to pay with your time for it. Do you respect mathematics? Do you respect your time? I see how people respect their time in $10 freeroll... 400 players in this game will be limping\min raising preflop with some hands during first hour. And there is $2.5 prize for the first place, 50 cents for 10th place... SO these "players" who limp and play tight flop-turn-river, will make this tourney last for 3 hours. Instead of a total, massive all-in at all tables during first hour, they will be wasting 3 hours of their life playing with their wsop bracelets on... for a chance to win $2.5 or 50cents.. Smartest crowd of individuals I've ever seen.

Same with these Venom steps...

You have a chance to win a chance to win a chance to win a chance.
6 times + main event = you have to win 7 times in a row.
If you will read "gamblers fallacy" article in wikipedia then you will find some interesting things to think about, and perhaps you might realize that the "skip2" option has much better value in all aspects. It might look that going through all steps instead of skipping looks like a safer road, but in reality it isn't, it's 33-50% harder to go through the "all steps road". I can't say the exact number, it might be 20% harder, don't know, haven't :stupido::mad: calculated it, but it's obvious to me that skip2 is a much better solution.

GL