Holdem
pineapple
crazy pineapple
omaha
omaha hi/lo
raz
5 card stud
7 card stud
and double flop (never seen this one before, two hole cards and you have two sets of community cards going at the same time. You can play off one or both sets at the end. You just don't know which one every one else is betting/calling on. best hand for each set of community cards gets half the pot.)

The only one I was not very experienced at was raz since I don't see anywhere online to play and pineapple and crazy pineapple are close enough to holdem i caught on quick.

I am so use to tournament style play of holdem that I had a blast playing all these different types of poker. Anyone else play home games where there is dealers choice. Any other games that we could add to the list?

trentonlf

trentonlf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like a game called guts:

Object: best three card hand (str8s and flushes dont count)

Ante from everyone varying from quarter to about $2

Each person is dealt three cards face down (3 aces best hand possible) and decide if they feel like they have the best hand, if they do when it is their turn they place their cards face down in the middle of the table. Every other person at the table has the option to call them if they feel they have a better hand. If someone calls them they place their cards face down in the middle also. The person who initially put his/her cards out looks at the persons cards who called them and person who called looks at initial placers cards. The cards of the person who initially put them out are put back in the middle and anyone else has the chance to challenge the hand.

After everyone has had the chance to challenge the person who placed their cards in the middle to start shows their cards and anyone who challenged him/her. anyone who had a better hand is paid the sum of the pot from the person who put their cards in the middle, but if they did not have a better hand they pay the sum of the pot to the person who put the cards in the middle to start. If no one challenges the person who puts cards into the middle he/she just wins the pot.

you can also make this a best low hand game.

Lots of variations of 7-stud (of course holdem is most popular lol).
1. follow the queen. any card that follows a queen is wild, is another queen comes out the wild card changes.
2. Harem. Js and Ks are wild, but any queen in the hand negates the wild card, but the best possible hand is 3 Qs.
3. Low chicago. Lowest spade in the hole splits the pot with the winner.

know a few more to play also, will try and list some more later.

g/l

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A favorite among my drunken friends has always been "native american" poker, or indian poker if your not so PC, where you hold your two hole cards up to your head and everyone else can see them, but you can't

Playing with my father I played all sorts of stud variations as a kid, baseball, six-card, mexican stud....

btw, i believe Full tilt has razz (or at least they used to), if you're interested in learning.

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We used to play 7 card no peak (baseball) and add twists like purchasing an extra card if you turned over a 4 or lowest card in your hand was wild. This would make things interesting when you had K33 in your hand and your last card came a deuce. :)

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
brianna c said:
We used to play 7 card no peak (baseball) and add twists like purchasing an extra card if you turned over a 4 or lowest card in your hand was wild. This would make things interesting when you had K33 in your hand and your last card came a deuce. :)

baseball was actually the game i went to look up, according to my book, any 9 and 3's in the hole are wild. When a player is delt a 3 face up, he must fold or buy the pot, if he does buy the pot any 3 after that face up or down, is wild. and if you're dealt a 4 face up, he may keep it or discard it and get another card. In either of these two situation, the player must made their decision before the next card is dealt

-n

Bill_Hollorian

Bill_Hollorian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Nate,

Even Native American Indian poker is no good... Last I heard they now call that game "blind man's bluff"

Bill

Top 10 Games