Using a VPN to play from the U.S. to other poker sites?

Semper000

Semper000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone,

Yesterday I asked if there was a way to play on pokerstars in my area, apparently that site is not allowed where i live, only on New Jersey, Delaware and Nevada I think. So i was wondering, I have VPN set up with my antivirus, so I can show as if I am on a different location. Does anyone know if this would work with any sites?

Thanks!:cool:

A

AAirmacKK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not suggested

PS makes buckets of money and they have a pretty nice budget for IT. They are fully aware of where you are playing, but the only real issue at hand is cashing out. You need an overseas bank, overseas I. D. And overseas utility bill. There's always a way if you want to put that much effort into it, but I recommend you stay away as this could get you permanently banned and that be a bummer when they return to serving the U. S.
Cheers:rolleyes:

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey everyone,

Yesterday I asked if there was a way to play on Pokerstars in my area, apparently that site is not allowed where i live, only on New Jersey, Delaware and Nevada I think. So i was wondering, I have VPN set up with my antivirus, so I can show as if I am on a different location. Does anyone know if this would work with any sites?

Ask yourself this, what would a site set up to make money do if an individual illegally playing on their site won a significant amount of money?

Option #1-Say to the player, "yeah, we only publish these rules to give us something to do" & ship him his winnings.
Option#2- Freeze his account & keep all the money in his account.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm- tough one to figure out. :rolleyes:

Here is a hint, CardsChat has a number of free rolls for free roll club members. Individually not big bucks, but they do add up & they work very hard at keeping non members of the club from cashing.

Last edited:
Semper000

Semper000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies! in all honesty, I didn't know that it would be considered illegal.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do occasionally. Get a cheap VPN, on a trial...or some shit. They'll catch on. post on here. Dudley-do-right will say noooo noooo. And they're probably right. Does it work. Yeah. Mostly. Or every time I have done it. Cashed 3-4 figure scores.... But those are small. When/If I hit a big score doing it Imma head to my VPN home base country before I try my crypto cash out.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many American PS Pros are there.... lol. The vast majority of my life.... the weed I grow and smoke daily was"illegal." Eventually they'll come around... until then we'll get around :)

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
That's illegal dude, so be careful couse in case poker sites catch you, your money will be lost!

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's illegal dude, so be careful couse in case poker sites catch you, your money will be lost!

Appreciate the warning bro. Good looking out. I obey just laws whenever possible. Bullshit ones.... IDGAF. My neighbors love me.... and me them. And the sites have to be careful. Cause all I do is withdraw...... Maybe they'll catch me and say I can't take the money.... I guess I'll risk the zero.... But so far. They've paid. so..... Do what you like. Do I deposit on non US sites. nope. Will I cash the checks? F yes.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
they can see right through the VPN...they may or may not know where you are playing from, but by the IP address they know you are using a VPN

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they can see right through the VPN...they may or may not know where you are playing from, but by the IP address they know you are using a VPN

hmmm... Your opinion.... and my results vary. Keep you thoughts. I'll keep the money. And hopefully someday soon it will be moot. Just saying to those who want to know...... Does using a VPN work... YES. May they "catch" you. yes. Wanna risk large sums ... no/ Wanna take the free money offered till they catch you for .... doing what wrong exactly??? lol. Sure.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I agree... you'd be stupid to deposit hundreds or more then play and hit and hope for the best. If you can spare that kinda buy in money. Do it legit. If you wanna play freerolls and small stakes with Freeroll winnings and a VPN. With zero risked. IDK>>>> i do... and I do. and should it work? maybe? maybe not? But I can tell you 1st hand. It does :) I don't even care posting this. Cause my user name on non US friendly sites isn't here/ and I use a VPN :) A decent VPN, no public, Free, Try it, BS, most poker sites security.... is favorable.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Jut saying.... Is a VPN allowed as a work around. NO! Is it a good idea. Probably not. Will it work, done right. F yes. Absolutely. If you disagree...... You're not playing on any poker site known to man and not using a VPN worth a dam...... and I know, plenty of VPNs aren't worth a dam. But there are more than a few that are :)

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interested.........start in Scandinavia. Old aunt Olga....... Cod and rice.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone,

Yesterday I asked if there was a way to play on Pokerstars in my area, apparently that site is not allowed where i live, only on New Jersey, Delaware and Nevada I think. So i was wondering, I have VPN set up with my antivirus, so I can show as if I am on a different location. Does anyone know if this would work with any sites?

NO, how would you withdraw from PS...
VPNs are a no go via the terms on PS!

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey everyone,

1. Even though your VPN can put you elsewhere, geolocation is a serperate entity for different sites, including pokerstars.
2. What would do if you did win big, you would have to create quite a con and hope you didn't get caught.
Trust me I miss playing enough I considered it when online poker went to shit in the us, but running a con isn't the way to work it.

J

johnnyswankier

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if you want to waste $20

Yes it can be done but I wouldn't recommend it as put by another member proof of identity is the issue I have a few hundred but really I'm happy to put it back in because it's not coming out of my pocket yet...for 20 bucks I hit a big win on a pokie machine lol I'm not a fan but yeah hit the tables from there, that's my only reason to still have the account active, if I didn't have that win I would have already uninstalled the site...withdraw will be to much of a hassle so I'm happy to get my fix and if I loose I don't care but if I did win well it be moving to the country I registered but I'm not confident I was a big player but not so much these days once pokerstars was banned i lost interest..

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Stars can tell if you are using a VPN.

:top:

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hmmm... Your opinion.... and my results vary. Keep you thoughts. I'll keep the money. And hopefully someday soon it will be moot. Just saying to those who want to know...... Does using a VPN work... YES. May they "catch" you. yes. Wanna risk large sums ... no/ Wanna take the free money offered till they catch you for .... doing what wrong exactly??? lol. Sure.
It only takes 1sec for your VPN to drop out and PS will find you playing poker, that's been banned in the US and they will take all of your funds before you know it. There have been a few poker pros, who lost everything they had on PS!!!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

with a balloon to the moon
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no experience with this but i can imagine this would work for certain sites with bad security. On Stars i would not risk it. Not keeping large amounts of money should be obv.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alot of people do it. It could be done but it's not worth the headache unless you have nowhere to play. I used to do that for stuff but I don't care enough.

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
risky not recommended google Gordon Vayo pro player, they kept his winnings.

I

its TG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's definitely possible to play in any restricted location.. But staying under the radar requires far more than a VPN. In order to play/gamble for cash long term while circumventing geo-restrictions, quite a few laws have to be broken unfortunately.

T

TheChosenDragon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing will work.
I don't think they monitor too hard on that as you would be an extra player meaning you would generate more winnings for them.
The problem will be the cashout, there they become more difficult and will research if you are valid.
And if you are not, then they will be happy to say that you lost all your money.
So in the end, you would be playing just for Pokerstars.
How unfair it might sound, they have the right to do that.
Probably your pasport details or your bank details will give it away.
I would recommend just playing on other poker sites, there are enough where you can play, so go out there and have fun.
Good luck!