Unjust Banning

X

xBG7_2007x

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To make a long story short:

I used to have an account at full tilt, I asked full tilt to close the account because I couldn't control myself and then never attempted to login again. Then today, I was at a friends house, and decided to check if my account was ever closed, so I attempted to login and I got the message "the system cannot log you in. Contact loginsupport@fulltiltpoker.com." This makes sense considering the account was supposed to have been closed, however when my friend attempted to login to his account shortly thereafter he got the same message. He has played over 600 games without incident and then all of a sudden he appears to have been banned.

Was this some violation of full tilt policy, and will his account ever be reinstated?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To make a long story short:

I used to have an account at full tilt, I asked full tilt to close the account because I couldn't control myself and then never attempted to login again. Then today, I was at a friends house, and decided to check if my account was ever closed, so I attempted to login and I got the message "the system cannot log you in. Contact loginsupport@fulltiltpoker.com." This makes sense considering the account was supposed to have been closed, however when my friend attempted to login to his account shortly thereafter he got the same message. He has played over 600 games without incident and then all of a sudden he appears to have been banned.

Was this some violation of full tilt policy, and will his account ever be reinstated?
I think the self-exsclution thing means that bouth the account is closed and IP login in to that account are also blocked.

X

xBG7_2007x

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes but this was on his computer...

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Contact Full Tilt Support, and explain to them what you did.

X

xBG7_2007x

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have but I'm worried because I have heard the support is terrible...

X

xBG7_2007x

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it unlikely for FT to reopen the banned account even after explaining what happened?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We can not answer for you - you and your friend need to wait until you hear from FT.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like u tried something bad and got caught. IP addresses are like fingerprints...

X

xBG7_2007x

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like u tried something bad and got caught. IP addresses are like fingerprints...

What does that even mean? All I tried to do is log in to my account, to see if it was closed, and FT proceeded to ban my friends computer. Not too ****in complicated you moron. By the way, still no response from FT and their piece of shit support staff.

Tiloke

Tiloke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Put yourself in Full Tilts position.

They have a record of your buddies IP address from previous times he has logged on and played. Now, another account with a different name and a different credit card tries to log in from the same IP addy. It looks like some shenanigans are going on from their end. FT probably has automatic software in place to prevent people having multiple accounts from the same IP. Most likely an auto ban occurred on all accounts attempting to use that IP address.

Its in the Terms and conditions right there on their site.
Players are not allowed to create, use, or deposit to more than one account. Players who are found to have multiple accounts or to have allowed multiple users to access their account may face account suspensions or revocations, and forfeiture of their accumulated Full Tilt Points and real money balances.

Even if thats not what you were doing, thats what it looks like to them.

EDIT

I just saw this;
What does that even mean? All I tried to do is log in to my account, to see if it was closed, and FT proceeded to ban my friends computer. Not too ****in complicated you moron. By the way, still no response from FT and their piece of shit support staff.

Eat shit dude. People here are only trying to help you by stating what it looks like at a glance. For you to jump down their throats and call them profane, incredibly rude names makes you look like a cheater who is pissed he got caught. Dick.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
. FT probably has automatic software in place to prevent people having multiple accounts from the same IP. Most likely an auto ban occurred on all accounts attempting to use that IP address.
No that cant be,because me and my brother bouth play on the same sites with the same IP and no ban yet.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant think of any reason why they would ban your friends account. You ARE allowed to login to different accounts on the same IP address. Otherwise everyone would have to play poker from their house, which is stupid.

Anyway, you will just have you contact fulltilt. And probably have to wait 2 weeks for a totally useless response.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's avoid anymore namecalling in this thread.

Thnx

Rex

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think Full Tilt uses just the IP to base their read. People can play (different games) from the same IP address.

Full Tilt *can* tell if you logged in from the same computer though. And if someone tries to log into their system with a banned account, then immediately uses the same computer/software/IP to log into a different account... welll... how can that not look like someone is multi-accounting? That's very suspicious and I think Full Tilt did the right thing by *temporarily* blocking the second account until they get an explanation.

They're just trying to protect their customers and uphold the integrity of their site. Good for them.

My guess is that if your friend contacts Full Tilt and explains, they'll ask him to send proof of identity and when they get it they'll unlock his account.

my3sons

my3sons

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiloke has it right ,not the first time i heard of this under similar circumstances your both out of luck now never let anyone log on useing your computer or vise versa