Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Three days ago, on the 15th, I received a £10 payment into my bank account from a name I don't recognise with the reference 'POKER'.. :confused:

I didn't have any pending withdrawal requests and cannot work out who it is from or what it is for... :icon_scra

Anyone experienced anything similar or have any idea what it might be?

The only thing I can think of is the last withdrawal I made, for some reason, was split into two payments.. I contacted Stars cashier asking about this after receiving one of the installments but received the second installment before hearing back from them..

Possibly a gesture?

Colour me confused! :confused:

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Perhaps the poker fairy has gone the direct deposit route rather than slip it under your pillow?

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
May be followed by a withdrawal. If they have your account info, can they pull money out?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
May be followed by a withdrawal. If they have your account info, can they pull money out?

You can pay in with someone's bank account details but not withdraw, no..

Perhaps the poker fairy has gone the direct deposit route rather than slip it under your pillow?

It certainly seems that way!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Does this has anything to do with CardsChat the forum? I just want to make sure before I move it to another section.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it might be a good idea to phone your bank and see if they could tell you who it was that sent you the money.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I think it might be a good idea to phone your bank and see if they could tell you who it was that sent you the money.

You dont need to phone your bank since you can always google sender's name which is faster option anyway :hmmmm2:

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Does this has anything to do with CardsChat the forum? I just want to make sure before I move it to another section.

Well, one thought I'd had is that maybe I placed on the leaderboard or something but then realised I don't think I've ever given anyone at CC my bank account details, so, no I don't think so Tammy!

Well there is an initial and surname listed with the payment but it's not a name I recognise..

What peaked my interest was the reference.

~~~~~~~~~~​

Risto,

You were added to my ignore list at least a month ago.

So, although I can see that you have posted* something, I have no idea what you have posted.

When you ignore someone the content of their post is not displayed**.

It would surprise me to discover that by not reading your post I have missed out on any enlightened, measured, considered comments.

I feel really quite bad that I have had to take this step because I don't want to ostracize anyone at cardschat.

Sadly, you are invariably negative, passive-aggressive, unappreciative and rude. Who chooses to be continually subjected to that..!? :laugh:

Furthermore, when I eventually grew bored enough (of your attitude towards me) to outright ask you what was the reason, you openly explained right here on the forum that it was purely because you think I'm an "Englishman".

That, my dear Risto, is the ugly face of casual racism.

If I thought you were worth the hassle, I would have reported your post to the mods with the attached message 'confessed racism'.

There are two reasons I didn't do that...

Firstly, it's not worth the bother when I can just ignore you instead.

Secondly, you're so consistently unpleasant with the way you write to people here, it might be misconceived that in fact you're just horrid to everyone.

Now, I tell you all this for (also) two reasons...

One, so that you might learn something (long shot with someone so stubborn but you never know)...

Two, that (knowing I am blissfully unaware of whatever you post) you might stop quoting my posts, replying to my threads and generally trying to communicate with someone who is consciously and completely ignoring you! :rolleyes:

Now, if you (by some miracle) have seen the error of your ways and wish to communicate with me again (and are willing to drop the attitude), then please feel free to inform a mod or one of my friends here who I'm sure would be happy to pass on the message via PM & I'll give you one last chance... :p

Otherwise...

Good day to you Sir!

~End of rant.

*Shouldn't the ignore function remove all trace of the person from your viewing experience on the forums?

**I think it would be better if you couldn't see they'd posted at all.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you always have to see in your bank the transactions you make, if it comes from the poker room, you should make an inquiry in their chat or by email, because sometimes there is a mistake, but if you are aware that it is not yours, well You have to report it, be a good man hahahaha, well that usually happens, for example, something similar happened to me, you always have to act in the best way to be calm.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Another £75 from the same person!?

WTH is going on? LOLOL

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
where can I sing up to receive these payments?

I'll forward them onto you! :biggrin: :wink:

I don't think anything good usually comes from keeping things that don't belong to you, haha..

This is totally normal in Gladstone's world.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's true, I didn't think of it that way... :flute:

Hopefully the next one has a load more zeros after it! Haha..

I actually worked out who the person was since the most recent payment, it's someone I actually vaguely know (but didn't recognise their surname), and I have contacted them and obtained their details so I can return the money today... :)

Mystery solved! :idea:

:tee:

geitenkamper

geitenkamper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
must be a bonus from the affiliate holder. Where you signed up for a pokerroom or a deposit bonus.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Three days ago, on the 15th, I received a £10 payment into my bank account from a name I don't recognise with the reference 'POKER'.. :confused:

I didn't have any pending withdrawal requests and cannot work out who it is from or what it is for... :icon_scra

Anyone experienced anything similar or have any idea what it might be?

The only thing I can think of is the last withdrawal I made, for some reason, was split into two payments.. I contacted Stars cashier asking about this after receiving one of the installments but received the second installment before hearing back from them..

Possibly a gesture?

Colour me confused! :confused:
Always remember rule #1 of poker-don't ever complain about free money :D