Two different platforms..breaks at same time?

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Am I crazy? I have seen two different brakes almost in sync on two different plaforms...at max 20 seconds apart..I have, well had screenshots. I only have one picture now as the last print screen function overrode the other lol...

Just interesting...

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I believe the breaks have been that way ever since I started playing.

The breaks hit at five minutes to the top of the hour (i.e. 55 minutes). Obviously, the commencement of the breaks can vary as all hands need to be completed before the break starts. So smaller fields can hit the breaker quicker than larger ones.

However, I have always presumed this a common sense agreement between sites. Most need a bathroom, drink/food, smoke break during extended play. We can all down tools at the same time. No coordination between sites regarding breaktimes and it would become tricky to take one if playing on several sites at once

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I believe intertops starts many of their games, at least the CC events at 5 minutes past the hour. They then start the breaks at 5 till the hour, just like most other sites.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others say, MTT breaks at 5 minutes to the hour have become an industry standard, which most if not all sites choose to follow, because it makes it a lot easier for people playing on multible sites. You can compare it to industry standards in car manufacturing. As far as I know, there are no laws dictating, that the accelerator need to be on the right and the break on the left. But just imagine, how many accidents would happen, if some stupid carmaker decided to do it the other way around ;)

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Am I crazy? I have seen two different brakes almost in sync on two different plaforms...at max 20 seconds apart..I have, well had screenshots. I only have one picture now as the last print screen function overrode the other lol...

Just interesting...

You are not crazy. Almost all platforms use the last 5 minutes of the hour as a break.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Right on, never really thought about it, it shows that poker hosts are coordinated together, from a business perspective it makes sense, but still interesting…

Sort of reminds me of switching channels on radio and there is nothing but commercials on every channel lol, although I can’t image program directors finding songs to match the same length…

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I remember the days before breaks were co-ordinated, I used to play many different rooms back then, there was no 'I need a pee but I can hang on for another 10 minutes' kind of thinking, if at all possible I would wait until the biggest buy in tourney I was playing would have a break and sit out the rest after using my timebank, so much easier now.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont know how this is thread-worthy. allmost all if not all sites have breaks at the same time so this is not really special.

more interesting would be if someone could name a site where tournaments do not go on a break at xx:55. me i really can not name one and its a good thing in my opinion.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know how this is thread-worthy. allmost all if not all sites have breaks at the same time so this is not really special.

more interesting would be if someone could name a site where tournaments do not go on a break at xx:55. me i really can not name one and its a good thing in my opinion.
Yup, sometimes I should google before posting, but I am not just looking for the textbook answer, also looking for awesome replies with info like these that came here.