Two day tournament ???

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello ladies and gentlemen!
I haven't played any big tournaments, but there will be a $ 109 buy-in tournament on pokerstars on 02/28/21 with a $ 109 buy-in and $ 1,000,000 prize money, I think I’ll try to play, but I don’t understand the phrase "two-day tournament". I would like to learn more about how the tournament is divided into two days. Explain who knows. Thank you in advance.
Best regards, Sergei.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read it in the tournament lobby, everything is very clear there. Sincerely.
As far as I know, it says up to what size of blinds is the first day of the tournament, and at what time does the 2nd stage begin and with what size of the blind.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very simple! On the first day, the tournament is played for 8-9 hours. Those who survived go on the next day with the stack that they had at the end of the first day.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything is very simple. The tournament is so long that it must be divided into two days. I have already participated in such tournaments. In my case, the first day ended when we reached the 42nd level.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's very simple! On the first day, the tournament is played for 8-9 hours. Those who survived go on the next day with the stack that they had at the end of the first day.
Also, they most likely will ITM, because there won't be much players on bubble.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's simple, you play for two days with a break until you take first place.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Now this is something I really like the PS Sunday million used to last for 13 or 14 hours now with the 2 day sessions it's much more manageable

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In case you were interested,there is another $1 000 000.00 game on Mar 7 its a $55 buy-in :deal: Big one Played in 1 day also,,,, :D

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's incomprehensible here. On the first day you play and the game will be stopped at the set BB. The next day, the game starts with the stacks that were stopped on the first day.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just play and if you make it in top percentage of day 1 you continue to day 2. If you get knock out you wont come back day 2 unless you rebuy day 1 and make it with enough chips and survive to day 2.

Also some big tournaments have multiple days #1. Like for example. A wed. Thursday, and friday can all be individual day# 1 and saturday might be day #2. so everyone that qualified or made it top percent and survive day 1. For each day on wed, Thursday. And friday. They all make it to day 2 on saturday to play the final day till the final table and payouts.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Implement you play up to the limit of blinds that the tournament has on the first day about 7 or 8 hours later if you continue surviving on the second day with the chips that were left on the first day:D:D:D

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You play for a set amount of blind levels on day one. Then everyone who survives comes back at a set time and date for day 2 to continue playing to a winner. Just be careful and make sure you know when day 2 starts. I played one on ACR with a 3 day structure and mistakenly thought day 2 was the next day. Day 2 was actually a half hour after the flight I played finished and day 3 was the next day. Good luck man!!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You start playing and some specific time the tournaments stops and continues next day, like if you were in a break. Good luck in the game anyway!

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything is described in the tournament lobby. In my opinion, it is much better since this race is 2 days long...And could anyone tell me why the biger tourneys isn’t on Saturday? Wouldn't more people play and be more relaxed? :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is described in the tournament lobby. In my opinion, it is much better since this race is 2 days long...And could anyone tell me why the biger tourneys isn’t on Saturday? Wouldn't more people play and be more relaxed? :)

poker sites run their major weekly tournaments on sundays, because this is the day, most people play. Its also reflected by the fact, some tournaments have a higher guaranty on sundays. For instance PokerStars call their "big" series "bigger" on sundays, and several of the tournaments on 888 Poker are "sunday editions" with a raised quaranty. The 5.30 pm CET 33$ "big fish" has a 20.000$ guaranty as opposed to 12.000$ any other day of the week, and so on and so forth.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is described in the tournament lobby. In my opinion, it is much better since this race is 2 days long...And could anyone tell me why the bigger tourneys isn’t on Saturday? Wouldn't more people play and be more relaxed? :)

Saturday's have always been a down day for the online grinders, so sites haven't really offered their weekly events on those days, the exception to that would be tourney series that run on all the sites. In that situation, there's something going on every day, but Sunday is still the big day even in that instance.

I don't know specific numbers, but more people play Sunday's on all the sites.

Going back to OP though, most people have explained pretty well what it entails, but something that wasn't touched upon is that you should plan out the two days you are going to play, as if you make it to Day 2, it's a long grind. Make sure you are well rested, and have planned out that day just in case you run REALLY deep. I played a 2 Day Sunday Million once, and the second day lasted about an hour and a half for me. It was a great experience, and I learned a lot from it.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played some tournaments that lasted two or three days. And then in an opportunity I managed to play the second day, but the truth is that the tournaments are tiring and the player must be prepared for this wear and tear.

Haze777s

Haze777s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a very long time! Of course if it's not a million dollar Tournament

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer this format. The ones that did not break would run the entire night and could go onto when I was meant to start work the next day if you made the final table, These two day events are much more work friendly.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker sites run their major weekly tournaments on sundays, because this is the day, most people play. Its also reflected by the fact, some tournaments have a higher guaranty on sundays. For instance PokerStars call their "big" series "bigger" on sundays, and several of the tournaments on 888 Poker are "sunday editions" with a raised quaranty. The 5.30 pm CET 33$ "big fish" has a 20.000$ guaranty as opposed to 12.000$ any other day of the week, and so on and so forth.

Saturday's have always been a down day for the online grinders, so sites haven't really offered their weekly events on those days, the exception to that would be tourney series that run on all the sites. In that situation, there's something going on every day, but Sunday is still the big day even in that instance.

I don't know specific numbers, but more people play Sunday's on all the sites.

Going back to OP though, most people have explained pretty well what it entails, but something that wasn't touched upon is that you should plan out the two days you are going to play, as if you make it to Day 2, it's a long grind. Make sure you are well rested, and have planned out that day just in case you run REALLY deep. I played a 2 Day Sunday Million once, and the second day lasted about an hour and a half for me. It was a great experience, and I learned a lot from it.

Thank you for your answers!
Of course I know and I usually play on them ... But isn’t it that if there were these “big” (millions.. etc..) tournaments on Saturday, everyone would play on Saturday? Who likes to play all Sunday night better than on Saturday? :)

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for your answers!
Of course I know and I usually play on them ... But isn’t it that if there were these “big” (millions.. etc..) tournaments on Saturday, everyone would play on Saturday? Who likes to play all Sunday night better than on Saturday? :)

Most online regs have always played Sunday's, as operators have always made Sunday's the day for their majors. I think most of those people would rather have the Saturday off and grind Sunday. It's never going to change and honestly, I prefer playing Sunday's myself as well, and I'm not even an MTT grinder.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I know and I usually play on them ... But isn’t it that if there were these “big” (millions.. etc..) tournaments on Saturday, everyone would play on Saturday? :)

The classic "hen and egg" discussion. And I think, the answer is "no". There is no logical reason, why more people would play a 5,5$ MTT, which begin at 4 pm CET, just because the 109$ Sunday Million will be running at 7 pm CET. In some countries saturday is still a working day, and this might explain, why sunday is the more popular day to play MTTs in general.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The classic "hen and egg" discussion. And I think, the answer is "no". There is no logical reason, why more people would play a 5,5$ MTT, which begin at 4 pm CET, just because the 109$ Sunday Million will be running at 7 pm CET. In some countries saturday is still a working day, and this might explain, why sunday is the more popular day to play MTTs in general.

yes... i understand you. But I would still ask that..even if the Saturday is working day... Sunday is not. Ergo you can play through Saturday night without going to work on the next day. For me, it’s more important than working before the evening game! Don't you think so?