Tourist in USA

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a regular poker player at pokerstars, but I am visiting the USA for a couple of weeks, does anyone know if I can keep playing at Pokerstars?

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess you can use VPN for any country where PS available and keep playing

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't . You will lose your Pokerstars account . You can play on the state licenced Pokerstars versions against americans only and probably have to prove residency for that . its just not worth losing your account.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am a regular poker player at Pokerstars, but I am visiting the USA for a couple of weeks, does anyone know if I can keep playing at Pokerstars?
If you try to open your PS account while in the US, there will be a pop up message telling you that you cannot play for real money from the US. At least that's what it used to do several years ago.

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So no poker for a couple of weeks, thanks guys.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

If your in a hotel. The hotel probably has a Wi-Fi hookup at front desk or middle of hotel. You can get the code from the front desk and the Wi-Fi will be hooked up. It is an easy networking deal you can get though the hotel hub to the city hub. The city hub will probably allow 10 percent to all hotels in city. The is also a Wi-Fi hot spot company where you can pay 9.95 a month to hookup through any hot spot location where the person lets you hookup. The locater where Wi-Fi hot spot is available on the software. The software is Boingo.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerstars have good security systems and using vpn is against their policy so i would not try this if i was you. I asked them some time ago what happens when i play from other country and they told me that it depends on the specific domain where you are registered and specific country where you go. For example i play in pokerstars Bulgaria and when i try to play from my phone via wifi from Romania i get error and can not play. From other countries like Hungary for example or Northern Macedonia i can play. Interesting though if i use my BG sim card in roaming in Romania and play this way (not via wifi) i can play. To sum it up - just ask pokerstars telling them in which domain you are registered and where you go and they will tell you if you will have problems or not.