tight and loose play @ ACR

T

tenzen94

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
so when I play online poker I tend to play loosely.... When I was playing at pokerstars i would call bets/raises that would push ME all-in, preflop, with hands like; J-10 suited, KQ offsuit, A-10 offsuit, pocket 6's even sometimes hands like A-5 offsuit, Q9 suited, mediocre hands at best, and I would do very well...I finished 9th place in an 11,000 people tourney before, and ive finished 7th in a 5,000 man tourney before, playing super loose at PokerStars. When I started playing ACR I decided im going to switch up my gameplay and play supertight...to the point where (in the past few days) I haven't called ALL IN pushes preflop with decent hands like KQ suited, AK offsuit, pocket J's, pocket 10's, AJ offsuit.,,because im always worried about the AA, KK, AKsuited push all in, and get smoked say if I had KQ suited, or AJ offsuit….im not playing badly, im just not doing nearly as well as I did on pokerstars, and ive been catching some bad beats lately at ACR whilst playing supertight....is it maybe that im I playing way too tight for online? should I go back to playing like an amateur like i used to on pokerstars? or should I stick with super tight gameplay and relax, and not worry about people beating me with garbage? just a thought lemme know what u think if ud like:D:):deal::cool:

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Explain to me what you mean by super tight. When I say that I am a tight player, it means I have a range of hands that I play from each position based on stack size, blind level, and table reads. My range of hands I play gets wider as my stack size gets bigger. My range also shrinks the shorter I get. When I play cash games I am super loose, because I am always sitting with the table maximum and I only play stakes that I can afford (which for me turns out to be profitable in the long run).

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should play loosie goosie:0) playing that tight will probably have you losing more then you would win. Pocket as ks qs don't always win the hand even though good hands:0) they just don't compete with the way people play now days you have to play the way they do loosie goosie:0)