My take on bad beats

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About 75% of the bad beats I've seen are because the good hands are slow played. If I'm allowed to see a flop for the price of a check, I'll play anything and every now and again hit. When this happens, the "expert" player usually freaks out and gets nasty or abusive. The way I see it, make folks pay to see a flop. Last month I was at a 1/2 table, in the big blind with 7-2o. I saw the flop for the price of a check and the flop was 7-7-2. Yep, I had a boat and beat the two players that had KK and QQ although I didn't raise until after the river.
They both went on tilt and proceeded to spend more time typing nasty chat comments than focusing on their hands. Needless to say I pocketed about $125 from that table that night. (Gave it back the next night however...) The moral as I see it is: Make them pay to play...

A

Arsenic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yea that's so true, similiar thing happened to me, well i was on your end, it was a little home game and i was big blind i had Q c 3 d, the flop was free and came Q S, Q H, 9 H, the guy goes all in, im thinkin why would he do that if he had a queen cause my kicker is terrible then i taught he was on a flush draw and called, he flipped over pocket aces and sure enough i won.

D

DHanks1107

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats are a guarentee when i play both online and live games. It seems like everytime I play, i get a bad beat and its always on the river. For example, last night i was playing in a freeroll and flopped two pair, Queens and 9's. I was bet too and I had the shortstack at the table so i just went all in. The guy called with a straight draw and sure enough picked up his straight on the river. And i was done.

S

sonni

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree on you with how bad beats are caused when big hands are slow played. but the more bad beats i get the more likely im going to learn how to improve my game.

R

respira

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agre Irish dave..at least I know that is the way it is with my bad beats except for a few..like the time I had 4 of a kind and got beat by Royal Flush

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah limp in on one of the 10 worst hands in poker, makes you look real intelligent cause you got lucky on rag cards. Wish I had the intelligence to limp in on one of the worst hands in poker. The only way you'd could possibly limp in is if you are on the BB. So yeah instead of saving half a bet for the next small blind, lets limp in with crap. I wonder what syndrome that is..hmmmm.....Defending your blinds syndrome no matter what you have.

P

paulmarch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bAD beats.

In my oppinion bad beats are part of the game. If your manage your chips properly bad beats should not kill you unless you miscalculate the nuts and don't have it.

D

DHanks1107

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow Plays=Bad Beats. You have to know how to play your monster hand in order to avoid a bad beat and going on tilt. This is key if you want to win at poker