Sunday Million Anniversary winner a player who won a ticket via satellite! CONGRATS!!

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Amazingly, the tournament won a player who's played freerolls and low tournaments and his biggest poker career winning are the ticket to the $18.6M Sunday Million Anniversary via satellite $11!!! Congrats to AAAArthur and all players in the money!!!!!

eJWN0bM.jpg
eatuIxX.jpg
TOFjHtH.jpg

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats truly an AWESOME story. Thank you for sharing

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very cool. The dream of being a poker millionaire is alive for anyone. Free rollers can be better than some give them credit for. Maybe the cards finally held up in the right spots. Obv he must’ve run well but you gotta be navigating the ship no matter how good you run. Congratulations.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see they chopped it up. I wonder if he lost any equity or was his prize derivative from ICM standards.

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A dream that all poker players dream of :)

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read somewhere our Cardschaters Chiposaw and Extreme Agent make great result and they make it to take ticket through freerolls , but I am not see one playable freeroll .

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Congratulations to him , a great victory , a big amount of money won , now he's a millionaire :) . I will watch the FT replay , I am curious about the stacks and the FT game of the final 4 players . 1.5M would be better , but you cannot have in life everything :) Good deal for the 3rd and the 4rth player . Ofcourse it's nice that the winner was not a well known pro or a big bankroll reg , this shows everyone can pursue the great win in such a tournament, for life changing money . And only via a 11$ satellite , that's awesome !!!

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read somewhere our Cardschaters Chiposaw and Extreme Agent make great result and they make it to take ticket through freerolls , but I am not see one playable freeroll .
Yes, ChicoPaw finished 2350th for $1.099.44 and AgentXtreme 635th for $2.939.30, Congrats!!!:party:

Not for that tournament it was not a freeroll satellite, but the winner of the Sunday Million is beginner we can say and that this year he played only 100 games and many of them are freerolls!:cool::adore:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No dought that stories like these are good for poker. The more cynical truth is, you can also buy a lottery ticket for 11$ and become a millionaire that way :)

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No dought that stories like these are good for poker. The more cynical truth is, you can also buy a lottery ticket for 11$ and become a millionaire that way :)

I know, after this more players will play satellites for big tournaments, which is good for them, poker rooms!;)

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Absurd that ROI! I was watching the final table. Also saw the history and noticed this detail that you mentioned. Lately, brazil is representing well. Congrats, deserved!

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow 2 Romanian at final tables. Congrats to all. Nice cash $$$

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The story of winner Alex Brito, translated from Brazilian poker site:

The biggest cliche in the world of poker was fulfilled again. Like that Chris Moneymaker movie story in 2003, on Tuesday the Brazilian Alex Brito finished writing the happiest ending to the fairy tale his life has become.

After starting on a 25-cent satellite, Brito won the 14th Anniversary Sunday Million and took $ 1,192,802. In other words, it had an incredible ROI (Return on Investment) of 477,120,844%. Something never seen before.

Behind the nickname AAAArthur, this Brazilian fan of Santos managed to prevail in this tournament that accumulated 93,016 entries and formed a pool of US $ 18,603,200 that made the event the largest in the history of pokerstars. The dream of any player.

Interview:

With $ 0.25 I won a $ 4 ticket. With that $ 4 I got $ 11 and with $ 11 I cut 2,350 people to win the $ 215 seat in the Sunday Million. The rest of the story you already know, ha, ”Brito himself said in an interview with the SuperPoker site.

On the same note, AAAArthur revealed that he was overly anxious since he had qualified a month ago, leading him to make some poor decisions during the first of three days the event lasted. “I made some bad moves and ended up with only 7,000 chips. I entered tilt, I put all my chips in and I only had a 1% chance of winning, but the river worked. From then on, I realized that luck was with me », explained Alex, owner of an incredible life story.

«This title represents a lot for me, it is the crowning achievement of my life, which was not easy. I am unemployed, with two children, my wife lost her job due to coronavirus. Imagine the situation: two unemployed at home, with two small children and not knowing when this situation in the country will improve.

Last edited:
I

iuly1209

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happy for him especially with the family situation he described. I do not know how the game went but looks to me that 'luck was with me' is an appropriate online poker strategy. For his sake i hope he will be able to cash out from PS.

Winner Poker Poker Tells