Strange Run-Out @ ACR

L

lousypanda

Enthusiast
Total posts
I’m wondering if anyone else has been taking a beating at ACR. I try not to get caught up in claims of rigged play but I made a decision 7 days ago to document all my games for a week. I played a total 96 tourney style games (including satellites and a few SnG). Out of 96 games, I lost 78 of them. Of those 78, 69 were lost on the river. This means that 72% of the times I busted, I had the best hand on all streets and lost on the river.

While it’s expected that sometimes you’ll just get hit with these types of losses, 72% just seems way too high. Additionally, of these losses 48 of these were lost to crazy hands like unsuited non-connectors and such, calling pre-flop and flop shoves with no real draws.

On the cash side, I’ve had similar things happen for some time now but I have yet to formally document.

Am I alone here?

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Total posts
No , I've been getting abused. This is not including freerolls because I Never count them. Cash games I'll go in Flop the nut straight get called by some jagoff with Literally nothing and get Runner Runnered. Last one I got annoyed at I flopped the flush and guy raises , I jam him with a 7 flush , he calls with the 8 of clubs to river the flush. I've also been watching other people get loose called and I mean LOOSE calls to get dominated on the river

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Document for a month and then lets us know what you have discovered. It may be part and parcel to ACR's fish feeding algorithm, or your beginning a down swing in variance. More studying would be worthwhile.

L

lousypanda

Enthusiast
Total posts
Document for a month and then lets us know what you have discovered. It may be part and parcel to ACR's fish feeding algorithm, or your beginning a down swing in variance. More studying would be worthwhile.

A month is a good sample size. I don’t think my bankroll can take much more of this pattern though.

I

imallvol

Rising Star
Total posts
I've had a few.

Guy shipped em with 56s and I had AA. Hit the straight on the river.

Im just going to assume it's poker.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Total posts
Awards
i work from home so play 3-4 mtt a day on 4 different sites while some are better that others dont wanna name.....i have had sum bAd beAt runs of late...witch tilt me n force me into being a worse over all plaayer cus hard to trust an hand pre river....ive wanted to document but who would care....80 percent of my losses i have the winning hand at time of push....only to be beatin bye a heart dredging river...seems when 2 pockets go heads up the under hits set n wins as much as not....its about to do me in making me a bad player with bad tendencies because my normal abc isnt working here...all in idiots going up 10x starting chips b4 round 2...maybe im exaggerating but point made....its gonna kill me ..barely not quite breaking even.....its a poker video game!

Madzapzay

Madzapzay

Rising Star
Total posts
I totally understand your problem/dilemma as I have/do gone through it.

You are at a point in your game where you are ready to take it up a notch. And your limiting yourself by playing too aggressively when all 5 cards are not out yet. I often lose as well on a flat board with QQ to a 9 10 of spades. And it sucks. One way I fixed this kinda, is started playing more Omaha, it forces you to make tougher folds and consider draws much more frequently

tw082

tw082

Legend
Total posts
Awards
i work from home so play 3-4 mtt a day on 4 different sites while some are better that others dont wanna name.....i have had sum bAd beAt runs of late...witch tilt me n force me into being a worse over all plaayer cus hard to trust an hand pre river....ive wanted to document but who would care....80 percent of my losses i have the winning hand at time of push....only to be beatin bye a heart dredging river...seems when 2 pockets go heads up the under hits set n wins as much as not....its about to do me in making me a bad player with bad tendencies because my normal abc isnt working here...all in idiots going up 10x starting chips b4 round 2...maybe im exaggerating but point made....its gonna kill me ..barely not quite breaking even.....its a poker video game!
this literally freaking happened while typing this... not same as wat i was talking about but same kinda bs.. 2-3 nuts each hand that nobody lays down because all hands would win 90 percent of normal poker hands.3rd hand of fr Capturehhhh.jpg

Last edited:
smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
I’m wondering if anyone else has been taking a beating at ACR. I try not to get caught up in claims of rigged play but I made a decision 7 days ago to document all my games for a week. I played a total 96 tourney style games (including satellites and a few SnG). Out of 96 games, I lost 78 of them. Of those 78, 69 were lost on the river. This means that 72% of the times I busted, I had the best hand on all streets and lost on the river.

While it’s expected that sometimes you’ll just get hit with these types of losses, 72% just seems way too high. Additionally, of these losses 48 of these were lost to crazy hands like unsuited non-connectors and such, calling pre-flop and flop shoves with no real draws.

On the cash side, I’ve had similar things happen for some time now but I have yet to formally document.

Am I alone here?
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/bad-beats-vents-71/bs-getting-acr-422189/#post5057229

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Total posts
I love ACR compared to the rest of the poker sites available to US players, however like you stated the amount of badbeats on ACR seem worse than any other site i've played on. Always getting hit with the 2-3 outters when getting the nuts on the flop. Gets pretty old but I just try to keep studying and understand it's "part of variance".

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Total posts
Sorry to here this but I'm glad to know that there is someone going through the same bull crap as me:0) I find it a little funny that I can win a good amount of freerolls but as soon as I throw some money on, my winning streak ends the same way you are explaining:0( And like you I wait on good hands and play them the way anyone should. There would be that one person who calls with a hand that shouldn't even be called with the kind of bet that I raise. there could be an A 10 7 on the flop and ill have A/10 and go all in and the other player will call and have 7/J and will get a straight or flush or 3 of a kind and this seems to happen often. But good luck out there and keep grinding

R

Rolledupjacks

Rising Star
Total posts
Horrific site

The algo and set plays this site uses are horrific. We already know there are bots, cheating and collusion in online poker, especially at ACR. I attribute some of it to that. Some of it to poor play, and some of it to the sick set hands they have running. Horrible bad beat after bad beat, where nothing will fold your opponent who is drawing super thin. It’s truly terrible. My deposit is almost gone and I won’t be putting more on there. They suck. I’ll play live until I have a better option.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
I have no reason to believe ACR is legitimate. I've seen proof that it's not legitimate and I've never seen proof that it is legitimate. You'll see a lot of shills and degenerates demanding proof that it's rigged, but they accept that it's legitimate with no proof. I guess it's a stretch for some people to believe that a criminal enterprise would rip them off somehow. Weird.

SeXXXyKay

SeXXXyKay

Rising Star
Total posts
Glad to know its not just me.... I noticed about a month ago and have been trying to blow it off. But lately I have come to terms that I cant play equally as i do on other sites...BEFORE I BET I tell myself.... OK THIS IS ACR. if you cant get them to fold before the river then anything goes.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
VE
caracaski220

I feel you my friend.. However its not just ACR I find the same happening to me a lot on other sites. Just crazy calls with no draw till the turn and then hittin inside straights on the river with 64 off calling pushes al the way. Definetly give me live play anytime .

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I'm going to take the other side of the argument, based on original poster's math.

lousypanda says that based on their sample size, they are winning 19% of all the games they played. I'm going to interpret that as cashing, and if you are cashing with that frequency, you're obviously doing something right, and that's a pretty decent frequency to cash. Also, the reality is, you're going to lose most of the time, it's just the fact of the matter.

As for the runouts, this happens to everyone on every site. I played a Sit & Go last night, player in front of me flats a 2.2x raise, I 3bet to 11 with KK and they call. My 3 bet is half of my remaining stack.

Board flops AA7, villain check-calls me with KQ, and the board runs out JT to give them a straight. Yes, it sucks that it happened, but I will take that situation every single time because I'm winning in the long run and want these people to make those calls when I have the best hand.

Here's the other thing - DO YOU REMEMBER all the times where you put your chips in bad and suck out? I read so many of these bad beat posts/sites are rigged posts, but never, does anyone post when they suck out. Well, I have one for you that happened to me recently.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/324ODFGxd

I put my money in REAL bad pre-flop.

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Total posts
ACR is a room where the number of bad bits is just off the scale

S

steve01991

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
happens to me also. i have been killed on the river by worthless hands many times. i think i will document hands for a month. I agree 72% is insane to loose on the river.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
There is issues with this. Looking at the cash rate we are winning more than the average player. This a good thing. 2nd we talk about loosing so many hands on the river. (72%) OK that's ugly but we are only talking about a very small sample size. We are also not talking about how we got here. Were these all in preflop? Did we hit the flop and jut get caught on the river? A friend on mine used to complain about his loosing way more than he should with aces. He showed me his last 10 time and every single one of them was a limp. Wonder why every hand he played was 3 4 or 5 way to the flop. Also notice the post never was added onto. Why we dont know but it most likely we had a turn on the bad losses and never talked about that part.

We see this all the time. Please will bring up concerns and cant prove it. Why in my opinion is there us no problems. Its easy to complain about the site but it is usually something else.

CKALLDAY

CKALLDAY

Enthusiast
Total posts
There is issues with this. Looking at the cash rate we are winning more than the average player. This a good thing. 2nd we talk about loosing so many hands on the river. (72%) OK that's ugly but we are only talking about a very small sample size. We are also not talking about how we got here. Were these all in preflop? Did we hit the flop and jut get caught on the river? A friend on mine used to complain about his loosing way more than he should with aces. He showed me his last 10 time and every single one of them was a limp. Wonder why every hand he played was 3 4 or 5 way to the flop. Also notice the post never was added onto. Why we dont know but it most likely we had a turn on the bad losses and never talked about that part.

We see this all the time. Please will bring up concerns and cant prove it. Why in my opinion is there us no problems. Its easy to complain about the site but it is usually something else.

Yes, and similarly things like how often was his hand worse pre-flop before it became stronger than the opponent’s hand after the all-in on the flop, etc. There’s no way that within the 72% of the time he was “rivered”, that he had the best hand all the way every time. There were instances, I’m sure where he got “lucky” prior to getting “unlucky”.

With that being said, there is a specific, very popular site that I play on, where the river has caused me frustration more than other sites. That’s a tough one to wrap my head around, as to why that would be the case.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Total posts
WPN's NG is an absolute joke. It is absolutely sick how many times three out hands win the day. I have come to expect to get beat by three outers and runner runner hands on terrible calls after flopping the nuts or close to it. I would rather see a coin flip than be up against someone who has three outs on WPN.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
I have played on most of the popular sites and ACR is the most magical of them all. I don't risk any money, not even pennies, on ACR anymore. I am playing on another site where bad beats also happen, but at a rate close to what the probabilities say they should. Bad runs happen, but when you realize that improbable occurrences are the norm, then something is wrong.

The kinds of stuff that happens consistently on ACR (to myself and I've seen happen all the time to others) is just not realistic. Yes there is variance, but even statisticians reject the null hypothesis when the probabilities of events occurring being a result of chance is low. I don't expect to win every hand where I am ahead, but I do expect to win at a rate close to what the probabilities say I SHOULD win. If you flip a coin 10,000 times, and it comes up heads 80% of the time, could it be variance? Yes. Is it likely variance? No!

Of course, you will have certain people that will automatically label you a fish or loser because you have the audacity to point out that something's up with the RNG. Everything to them is explained by "variance." Ok then.

I don't think ACR is purposely rigging their RNG. The RNG is definitely flawed though.

amatola

amatola

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
GB
The sample size needs to be comparable to markovitus games played. like 50,000 + games. IMO this thread is silly. Why would a billion dollar room rig low stake MTTs?

simple really. the algo would work across all levels and would not target a player as such, it would just target the smaller stack in an all in or close to all in situation and obviously, not all the time and not to make it obvious - but maybe make the larger stack find his out 15% more.

Why?

Even if only 10% of players rebought, that would add a lot to the bottom line. But more than 10% of people fire one bullet, don't they.

Not saying they do, but this is how I would go about doing it..

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Total posts
Awards
SR

Am I alone here?
No you are not,
Just yesterday i played a hand where i complete a limp from mid pos in sb with 33 and bb also checks.
Comes flop q93 with 2 spades, i check, bb minbet, mid pos calls and i 3-bet jam about 40bb allin where bb folds and mid pos calls.
And guess what he had?
Ac10s:eek: on such a flop calling for 90% of his stack and it comes runner runner spades:confused:
haha but what to do:confused: that is acr for you

gl with your games

P.S. I have started playing back on acr after 2+ years 2 days ago and that is the welcome i get.
This was the exact reason why i stopped playing there.
But no other choice now as pokerstars has stopped my country from playing there:mad: