Starting Over. Maybe.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freddy, think back to what got you going and what helped you build your bankroll, then, start from there, a bit of time off usually helps too, maybe a week or 2,, but thats it, you dont want to get rusty and forget all your tricks, ease back into it,, GL & merry Xmas ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, buck

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, next time I'm going to probably either play just one table, or I'm going to decide on a concept or principle that I want to illustrate before starting to comment. Also, this session is far from mistake-free, but you're sadly going to have to accept it for what it is. If anything, recording it taught me that I'm not very good with multi-tasking and staying focused. Makes me think hard about what I'm doing and/or thinking about when playing.

By the way, rendering 46 minutes of video seems to take quite awhile. I'll upload it when my computer's finished doing whatever it is it's doing.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i forgot to put this in my post above,, DONT multi-table, when i stopped doing that i improved my game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, buck

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Buck: Ironically, I've gone the exact opposite way. I'm now playing 7-8 tables, which is a part of trying to finish the points I need.

On that note, it's been going very well since I made this post. I think I've found my - by far - biggest leak, and plugged it. I've played a little over 10k hands, and I've been running at 2.3BB/100, despite playing 8 tables (and making all the mistakes that come from that). It's not a fun way to play poker, but it's what needs to be done. I can't wait to finish these last 918 hands, but while it's tempting to just do it all in one sitting I'm not dumb enough to play when my head feels fried - which it invariably does after an hour of 8-tabling.

Thank you all for your support; I've got a really good feeling about 2008.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMHO taking a break is going to be the best thing you can do at the mo.