Something strange happen on ACR

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Over the weekend I was playing in three tournaments at the same time on ACR. A freeroll and a couple of 25 cent tournaments. All of a sudden a message popped up. I don't remember what it exactly said, something like your account will come under investigation.

There was also a timer that was counting down, and it said click as soon as you can, So I clicked it and haven't heard anything else. Only thing I can figure, it was making sure I wasn't a bot. Looking at my winnings, it should have been clear that I'm not! :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems like it must have been a "bot check", and if you clicked on time, everything should be fine, I guess :)

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I got this message twice, it's basically a test to see if you're human!

I didn't even pay attention to the question and clicked on anything, the message disappeared and I continued playing.

In other words, if it's not a test, it's not serving much more than taking your attention off the table!

GL :confused:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
According to Nathan Villiams pokerstars used to do the same years ago, if someone was accused of using bots. He was 24-tabling at the time, and many of his opponents though, he had to be using bots. So to test him PokerStars regularly putted and CAPCHA on one of his tables :)

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also got a notice to click that I was real. Don't remember what it said exactly, but that it was a check to see if I was real.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, bot check. I get those in my cash games from time to time.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
According to Nathan Villiams PokerStars used to do the same years ago, if someone was accused of using bots. He was 24-tabling at the time, and many of his opponents though, he had to be using bots. So to test him PokerStars regularly putted and CAPCHA on one of his tables :)

This happened often. Could also be for SnG's and you really didn't need to be playing that many tables for it to come up.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea it's just a bot check I get it when I play long sessions

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bot Check

I have gotten the same message a couple times. As others have said sounds like a "bot"
check . Both times I got the message it asked questions about poker hands and to pick the card that made the hand they were asking for.

GL All :D

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have gotten one of these that asked me to choose the card that would give me the top pair and not only was there no ace to give me top pair but there wasn't a card to give me a pair period. I picked the Q of spades which would have given me a royal flush and it said something about failing the prompt and that I would get an email later. Never received an email and that's been months so I guess someone reviewed the question and saw it was messed up so they dropped it.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi

I got this message a few times actually and thought I might let you know that it happens even if you, for example, fall asleep while in a tournament. I have gone to sleep while in playing tournaments on ACR and have failed several times the bot check. Out of fear I contacted them and they said it's just a regular bot check that they do and if you fail it, they supposedly contact you by e-mail. I have never gotten an e-mail from them. However, I have not had any trouble with them so far, but again I am not using bots.

WARNING!
On the other hand I have been banned by Ladbrokes and Coral for using bots even though I have not used bots. I reported these guys to IBAS and they investigated it for nearly 8 months and then they sent me their printed decision pretty much saying that Bookies like Ladbrokes can do whatever the f they want whenever they want and that they will not analyise every hand of my play in order to find wether or not I was genuinely playing as per my request. So I had my funds stolen by them and accounts permanently locked without a fair investigation or any explanation, proof or the real reason for taking action against me. I had not deposited, so I didn't abuse anything, and also I didn't lose money, but rather a lot of time and had won quite a few dollars at their freerolls. I am proof that fair players can get screwed at any time, without reason.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bot checks are a good thing in general but can be a distraction when your multi tabling many tournaments simultaneously. Appears you simply got checked to verify if you are real or bottish.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's obviously not a perfect solution, let's say you step away from your computer and miss the check, they could theoretically ban you for being a bot.

But overall, its very nice to see ACR at least taking SOME steps and making SOME effort to catch "players" who are using automation software to play their poker (i.e. "bots").

For this reason, I never get upset when the popup appears, I just do what it asks and keep going.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I got this check 3 times until now , not more , but I didn't have any more problems like forbidding me to play for some time , I hopre noone has any kind of such a problem with ACR (or other poker room ) , it sucks when it happens ...:(