Site got better

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had posted before about problems I've had with NLOP, but I wandered back, stuck with it, and now can't complain.

Step tourneys, my favorite, are paying out in tokens and stepup tickets.

Step 5, which I often spent way too long waiting for, now also is setup on a scheduled start.

Better times on NLOP.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had posted before about problems I've had with NLOP, but I wandered back, stuck with it, and now can't complain.
Step tourneys, my favorite, are paying out in tokens and stepup tickets.
Step 5, which I often spent way too long waiting for, now also is setup on a scheduled start.
Better times on NLOP.

please i have zero idea what NLOP is .. assume a poker site? please clarify .. thanks

Beardownman

Beardownman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on NLOP a bit and also like the step tourneys, I wish more sites would enable these.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just looked up this site. It seems interesting. But, do they actually pay out in cash?
bbf733cb8dbf5c15a9d3a856ccc27091.png

Most sites won't do this unless you make a deposit, but it appears that NLOP doesn't accept deposits.

70a9c43e2b681fc53c9505ae211f16f9.png

According to this guy they do pay out in cash. Of course this video is on the NLOP YouTube page and he is wearing an NLOP shirt:

Last edited:
MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gave it a try. My AQ on my very first hand ever was crushed by 32 who pushed all-in pre-flop. So far so good - no surprises.

Last edited:
MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ran into some quirks. It would seem that you get what you pay for. Fortunately it's flash based so I didn't have to install any software that needed to be uninstalled.

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
please i have zero idea what NLOP is .. assume a poker site? please clarify .. thanks

NLOP stands for the National League of Poker, nlop.com.

It pays out cash via instant paypal transactions. It is not illegal or bitcoin facilitated because they give away advertisement funded prizes. You can win tokens to play or you can buy packages. The buy-ins relative to those prices don't always make sense in relation to the prize payouts for the tourney, but theoretically you can play for free.

A while ago I was on a rant because they would play out a tourney and at the finish inform you the prize pool had been "cancelled" and they returned your buy-in tokens. They have gotten better about that since I started playing in a freeroll ladder tournament they have. I wouyld recommend those to anyone.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NLOP stands for the National League of Poker, nlop.com.
It pays out cash via instant paypal transactions. It is not illegal or bitcoin facilitated because they give away advertisement funded prizes. You can win tokens to play or you can buy packages. The buy-ins relative to those prices don't always make sense in relation to the prize payouts for the tourney, but theoretically you can play for free.
A while ago I was on a rant because they would play out a tourney and at the finish inform you the prize pool had been "cancelled" and they returned your buy-in tokens. They have gotten better about that since I started playing in a freeroll ladder tournament they have. I would recommend those to anyone.

thanks for the explain, makes me so happy in canada the laws arent restrictive and we can play online poker most anywhere and we don't even get taxed on monies won (i have yet to experience that area hahaha) :D

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HOWEVER A WARNING...

I'm not ready to eat my words just yet, but a very annoying coincidence has to be shared.

This has been happening to me and also to others who play for free. The script for the page continually "runs too long" and the screen goes blank. Also, if I don't x-out of the individual game and click back in instead of folding I will eventually get my turn to act and not have any buttons.

I'm told by others in the chat rooms it happens to them as they are not paying customers. In one of the cash tournaments, people who regularly buy the token packages tell me they do not have that problem.

It is actually happening right now giving me the opportunity to write this blog message.

It's not always easy or more to the point "right" playing free, don't count on it.

A

All Rise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not ready to eat my words just yet, but a very annoying coincidence has to be shared.

This has been happening to me and also to others who play for free. The script for the page continually "runs too long" and the screen goes blank. Also, if I don't x-out of the individual game and click back in instead of folding I will eventually get my turn to act and not have any buttons.

I'm told by others in the chat rooms it happens to them as they are not paying customers. In one of the cash tournaments, people who regularly buy the token packages tell me they do not have that problem.

It is actually happening right now giving me the opportunity to write this blog message.

It's not always easy or more to the point "right" playing free, don't count on it.
That is why I do not play on NLOP. It gets frustrating. Do they still give free membership if you send in envelope and 3x5 card with needed info?

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back to reality: Typical Day in the NLOP

I just looked up this site. It seems interesting. But, do they actually pay out in cash?
bbf733cb8dbf5c15a9d3a856ccc27091.png

Most sites won't do this unless you make a deposit, but it appears that NLOP doesn't accept deposits.

70a9c43e2b681fc53c9505ae211f16f9.png

According to this guy they do pay out in cash. Of course this video is on the NLOP YouTube page and he is wearing an NLOP shirt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVrPLH3jdiw

In the NLOP, there is no take home prize worth $10,000 except the wsop ticket itself. There is usually a "Beat the Heat" tourney of a similar format that ends with a final prize pool of $10,000 but 1st only takes home $3,000. That is normally an annual contest.

I'll use today as a typical example of playing for free in the NLOP...

I started out with less than 500 tokens.

55 token 6-max- Placed second and won 100 tokens
Step 4 WSOP- Won entry on a ticket earlier. Placed 4th
Step 3 WSOP- Placed second and won a return and 50 tokens.
Step 3 WSOP- Same
55 token 6-max- Went all-in w/ KK and lost in 6th.
Step 2 WSOP- Pulled a ticket from a stockpile of half a dozen to a dozen. Took first place.
Step 3 WSOP- Placed 1st and won !00 tokens
Step 4 WSOP- Placed second and won 500 more tokens plus a return.
Step 3 WSOP- Placed fourth
$10 Cash Tourney- Spent total 40 tokens on a buyin and addon on a prize pool of $10 paid to the top 4 (split $4, $3, $2, $1) to finish 29/79.
$10 Cash Tourney- Identical tourney to the one above later, this one placed 32/94.
55 token 6-max- Placed third
$100 Cash- Being played out as I write, I am in 45th/158 left from 180 30 minutes in. This tourney costed me a 200 token buy in, and the prize structure pays out $25 to first, $15 to second, descending payouts into 10th and 20th to 11th get $1 each.

Ring games of Omaha brought me in 310 more tokens.

Think what you want, the prize structures v payouts is odd, but that is how it works.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems more S-H-A-D-Y than usually online poker. Would trust this site as it probably is struggling with more than $500 at any one time.

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why bother?

All of this has me considering membership just to avoid the ads and the related script issues.

At the end of January I paid $35 for a pack of tokens (20,000) to use on the very last Step 7 WSOP ticket because time ran out and I only had 2 Step 5's left from all the freerollong. I took first place in that step 7 and still had half the tokens left over.

Since then, my account shows $23 won and sent to paypal and I still have plenty of token left I'm turning over. I also just got 500 more for being on the leaderboard.

I almost made it over that $35 mark tonight, but ended up slightly unlucky in that $100 game finishing 22/180.

It only takes one good hit to pay for itself, but the money so often goes out to top 5-8% instead of the typical 10-15%. The big weekly $1,000 typically has 250-300 and only pays 12, but a good value if you hit it.

Last edited:
Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do it with Chrome...

That is why I do not play on NLOP. It gets frustrating. Do they still give free membership if you send in envelope and 3x5 card with needed info?

MS internet explorer was the browser causing the problems. It wouldn't matter if I would enable or disable the script debugger, the script would stop the entire site for me.

I downloaded Google Chrome and I no longer have these problems