Which site has better customer service?

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing for a few years, and am still trying to find the "perfect site" for me. Been playing on FullTilt lately. I like everything about it except I just can't seem to win. Also, at the lowest stakes, FT charges double the rake of any other site. I e-mailed to ask about this and got NO RESPONSE at all.

I still have some bonus at UltimateBet, so I thought I'd try there. I encountered an error code in trying to sign on, e-mailed support, and a whole day later got NO RESPONSE AT ALL! Plus, UB like AP has a crooked reputation, so probably to be avoided.

The QUESTION: Where does customer service still matter?

Back before the UIGLEA, I played at PokerTime. Great site, easy competetion, and anytime you wanted support, you just typed "poker manager" in the chat box and they were right there. Doyle's Room also had good online support, but that room is also closed to Michigan players.

Bodog had instant telephone support of varying quality, but at least you could talk to someone. My computer got hacked by a key-loggger, though, and a joyrider cleaned out my account ($900). I still have some hard feelings against Bodog for not pursuing that more aggressively.

So where can I play? FT and UB seem to offer terrible customer support. Cake and Carbon have low traffic and not much low stakes Omaha. I just find FT to be tough as nails. How is Pokerstars? Is the customer support better? Fishy or not? No rakeback, but does their point system compensate for this?

I'm open to suggestions. It would be a godsend to find a site that would actually respond to complaints as if they cared.

GW

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars. Without a doubt the best customer service in the industry.

stepneg

stepneg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have just had some dealings with Pokerstars support and while they were always quick to reply I was basically fobbed of for over a month. I finally got a resolution to my problem today but its taken five weeks of back and forth emails. I accept that problems will arise but would rather have been told up front how long it was going to take rather than given the runaround.

I expect a long queue of people saying how great they are but this is my one and only experience of PS support and it was a negative one. If they really are the best out there I dread to think about running into problems anywhere else.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the rooms I recommend, besides PokerStars, your best alternative is bodog.

But the overall HUGE consensus is PokerStars has the best Customer Support by a long shot

LEADintoGOLD

LEADintoGOLD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My experience of Stars is their customer support is good. Prompt response to emails of all kinds

UltimateBet takes between 24 hours (if I'm lucky) and six days to respond to an email.

I do not know about Tilt.

GL and enjoy yourself

P

pokkerrat06

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not to sure any have a great customer service. I won a 1000$ freeroll on bodog on feb. 10. I won $222.50 i cashed out $150 of it, i emailed them that morning and later that day i had my answer. they told me because i never made a deposite with their site they had to cut me a check. They said it would take an average of 2 weeks its now been 3 weeks and still no check!

THe Slob

THe Slob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best customer service I've received is on Bugsy's Club. It's a super small site, but the customer support is fantastic. They have live customer support, click on the support button and a live customer support rep will come on to answer your question. It's too bad it's such a small site.

G

gETKrunkhoe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
LOOKS

FTP looks nice,has a nice layout but gameplay can really be a downer. u shud(should) try DOYLE's ROOM. u mite like it, bounties ;)

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the tips. I liked Doyle's but it's closed to Michigan players. Somebody PM'd me with a recommendation for Eurolinx, but it's a PRIMA network site, also banned in Michigan (and ten other states).

Thanks for the Bugsys Club tip. I'll check that out.
GW

C

chaosicq

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If You like to heve your problems solved or answered quickly simply choos a room with live chat like carbon poker just as one example.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars like everyone else said.

Bodog also has great customer service.They respond to e-mails within the hour and don't put you on hold when you call their toll free number.Everytime I called it has gone straight through.

Edit:Make that "Poker Stars like 90% or so of people said".:)

Last edited:
I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars takes the cake on this one, nice and friendly customer service, and a great points system

C

Calissa007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had an awesome experience with Poker Stars

MikeGamble

MikeGamble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
German Support Suck`s

PokerStars have the best Support in English.:D

But if you are German you must wait up to 30 Hours to become
a Answer from PokerStars German Support.
Thats a little to Sleepy :icon_joke

So i write as a German (in English) ,to PokerStars English Support and
the Answer arrived few Hours later :ciao:

P

Playmaker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Stars and their Support because they seem to Answer Questions quickly

PS I have heard many bad stories about Ultimatebet's Support Team on here and other sites as well so its something to consider

R

Rushstreet

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bodog far and away best CS IMO. Sorry for your bad experince with the key logger but that could happen with any site if your Computer is not secure.

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As to computer security

:joyman:
You're right. We're all vulnerable to account hacking. Sad but true. I never thought it was going to happen to me. I ran Norton anti-virus and was using both hardware and software firewalls. But somebody somehow implanted a Trojan, which contained a key logger and gave them access to my computer. Norton didn't catch it. I ran the free Trend Micro Housecall scan, and it caught the culprit ZLOB Trojan.

I've since switched to AVAST anti-virus, which is free and hopefully better. All any hacker has to do, though, is to be one day or one hour ahead of the latest virus data in your software. I run Housecall frequently, and test my security with the free online Shields Up scan. It's a website that tries to penetrate your security and lets you know about problems.

I do take computer security seriously, so I was shocked to be a victim. Some of the Bodog staff were haughty and implied they'd never be hacked because their computers are secure. I thought mine was too. All their security told me was that the offending IP was in Los Angeles (I'm in Michigan) and that there was no pattern of chip-dumping, just quick mindless joy-riding, blowing off my entire $900 balance in twenty minutes at stakes four times what I usually play. I sure wish Bodog would have taken some care to recognize the unusual pattern of play.

I read that this also happened to Greg Raymer, presumably on Pokerstars, where somebody blew off several thousand by joyriding.

We are all potential victims. I asked Bodog to offer an option which would provide more security by allowing me to play from my IP only, but they wouldn't do that.

It could have been worse. There were also attempts on my Paypal and bank accounts. Although Bodog claims they have state-of-the-art security, they didn't detect or shut down the hack, while Paypal and my bank did. Bodog didn't offer much in the way of help or an apology, and after much complaining, all they offered was a $100 match bonus in a new account.

I would seriously be interested if anybody has ideas on how to prevent account hacking. Don't think it can't happen to you. I didn't think so. The sad thing about it is $900 means a heck of a lot to me. I nursed my account up from $8 to over $1200 before dropping back to $900, then lost my entire bankroll to some criminal inconsiderate joyriding hacker.
Gary

R

RIK_123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker stars have always replied to my emails within 20 minutes max, Fulltilt i am still waiting on an emai 3 months after i sent my enquiry so i have to say Stars.

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are people forgetting about Absolute poker?

Don't you remember a while ago when someone was thinking that there might be something wrong with a player called Potripper and he got mailed the whole Hand History showing all the cards for the players :D

That's what I call good customer service :call:

U

UFCcantstopme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say pokerstars

I have played at only a few sites. Paradise, pokerstars, fulltilt, and pokerstars has been very reliable, answering me in just under a few hours. Paradise was very nice too though, i liked their tournaments. Fulltilt, was not so great at it. So i'd say pokerstars is the best customer service wise.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are people forgetting about Absolute poker?

Don't you remember a while ago when someone was thinking that there might be something wrong with a player called Potripper and he got mailed the whole Hand History showing all the cards for the players :D

That's what I call good customer service :call:

You are joking, right---