Sit N Goes..

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best sites to play Micro stakes sit n goes,

looking for turbos/regulars NOT HYPERS! they suck for good players.

looking for stakes in the ranges of $0.10 - $2 with less then 10% rake with 5min blinds or longer.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually ACR is not bad. I recently made my first deposit there, and my main intention is to grind their SnGs. For 6-9 mans the action begin at 1,5$, and for the "on demand" MTT SnGs the action begin at 50c. Finally there are also 18-27 man SnGs from 50c, but these dont seem to run very often. So in reality the choise is between 6-9 mans and the "on demand" MTT SnGs. In 6-9 mans you start with 100BB, and in the "on demand" MTT SnGs its 60BB, but blinds go up more slowly than on pokerstars. So you get a lot of play in regular speed 6-9 mans and still a decent amount of play in the "on demand" MTT SnGs, which are all turbos with 5 minute blind intervals.

The rake is calculated in the traditional way by adding it to the buyin. So if you play a 1,5$ SnG, 1,5$ actually goes to the price pool, but you pay 1,65$ for a regular speed or "on demand" and 1,62$ for a turbo. This is cheaper than both PokerStars and 888 and less than 10%. The main drawback is, that the player pool is much smaller than on Stars. In top of that most players are actually americans, and therefore you dont get the same kind of 24 hour action as on PokerStars. Right now its late night or early morning in america, and unsurpricingly action in the SnG lobby is low. But there are still some 1,5$ and 6$ 9-mans running.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
appreciate the feedback, I don't really rate the sit n goes there, I have played there but seems like the App needs to be deleted/re-installed every so often and you end up with 10 ACR folders on your pc/laptop/ I do like the on demands, but tbh, the 45mans on stars are just way more faster and way more effective and you can play more at 1 time. I agree with you tho if the app wasn't so annoying and could get 2-4 games going at a time it would be great.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might just give up on this and look for best promotions for micro-stakes players.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont know when you played on ACR, but my first 3-4 sessions have been without any technical difficulties at all. So maybe the software has actually been improved? I also had no problem getting 4 games going at a time, but at certain times of day you need to play 9-mans to get any action.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do people even win there? I play cash and some tournaments, consider myself a fun player and my bankroll is just 185$. So the thing is I like the tournament thrill but how do you go deep when people call everytime. I mean it's not bad but blinds get bigger and you rip it in with AJ against some dude with 10 9. Yes you have like 60% - 70% but to get through you need to win so many all ins. And also I am so annoyed with people calling you when you push. Let's say you push from HJ with A10 and button snap calls you with 44. Like what are you trying to beat here? 33? Micro SNGs really feel like solitaire, I mostly play premium hands and make absurd bets like third of my stack :D because they call anyway.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do people even win there? I play cash and some tournaments, consider myself a fun player and my bankroll is just 185$. So the thing is I like the tournament thrill but how do you go deep when people call everytime. I mean it's not bad but blinds get bigger and you rip it in with AJ against some dude with 10 9. Yes you have like 60% - 70% but to get through you need to win so many all ins. And also I am so annoyed with people calling you when you push. Let's say you push from HJ with A10 and button snap calls you with 44. Like what are you trying to beat here? 33? Micro SNGs really feel like solitaire, I mostly play premium hands and make absurd bets like third of my stack :D because they call anyway.

Been there and this is often how I get knocked out of a tournament.

Likely the villain decided you had a big Ace and was willing to flip because he was ahead preflop.

And.....he has you covered - but barely!

Honestly you need the call because you are so short that you need the double up.

If you just steal the blinds you are good for only 1 additional orbit.

Good luck !

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At BetOnline it's fun to play Sit & Go. I personally play the DoN version at $ 1.83, 5min blinds. There's a $ 1.5 Turbo version with 8min blinds.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And also I am so annoyed with people calling you when you push. Let's say you push from HJ with A10 and button snap calls you with 44.

There is no point in getting annoyed about people making calling mistakes. Yes sure in this case you would rather, than he had folded. But he is going to make the same call against other players, and this will then benefit you, because you are the one increasing the value of your chips by folding and watching someone bust.

Instead you need to adjust to tendencies. If you knew, that BTN was calling to wide, would that have caused you to not jam ATo? Probably not because its a pretty strong hand from CO, and if he call to wide, he will also call with hands, you are dominating, like A9, A8 etc. But maybe you adjust by not jamming JTs, since that hand is rarely ahead of anything, that call.

Like what are you trying to beat here? 33?

Calling a shove is a math based decision, and because there are blinds and antes we dont always need 50% equity against the jamming range to make a profitable call. This is sometihng, that is often massively overlooked by people complaining about getting called by "bad hands". If the effective stack was short enough, calling with 44 on BTN can actually be a good and solid play.

I mostly play premium hands and make absurd bets like third of my stack because they call anyway

This might be the core of your problem. If you play to tight, you are not winning enough blinds and antes, and you get blinded away, when the blinds go up. When you then finally has a premium hand, your main priority is to avoid getting drawn out on, which cause you to miss out of value. Because lets be honest now, people dont always "call anyway" regardles of your sizing.

And then at the end you are sitting with a very short stack like 5BB, you are forced to finally risk your chips, and you get called by 44, because pot odds are really good, when you are so short. Not saying that this is always exactly, what happen, but this is a very common pattern for people, who are playing to tight, and who dont know how to handle loose games, often because their postflop skills are kind of so-so.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, very hard to get an edge in these. Huge variance.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no point in getting annoyed about people making calling mistakes. Yes sure in this case you would rather, than he had folded. But he is going to make the same call against other players, and this will then benefit you, because you are the one increasing the value of your chips by folding and watching someone bust.

Instead you need to adjust to tendencies. If you knew, that BTN was calling to wide, would that have caused you to not jam ATo? Probably not because its a pretty strong hand from CO, and if he call to wide, he will also call with hands, you are dominating, like A9, A8 etc. But maybe you adjust by not jamming JTs, since that hand is rarely ahead of anything, that call.

Calling a shove is a math based decision, and because there are blinds and antes we dont always need 50% equity against the jamming range to make a profitable call. This is sometihng, that is often massively overlooked by people complaining about getting called by "bad hands". If the effective stack was short enough, calling with 44 on BTN can actually be a good and solid play.

This might be the core of your problem. If you play to tight, you are not winning enough blinds and antes, and you get blinded away, when the blinds go up. When you then finally has a premium hand, your main priority is to avoid getting drawn out on, which cause you to miss out of value. Because lets be honest now, people dont always "call anyway" regardles of your sizing.

And then at the end you are sitting with a very short stack like 5BB, you are forced to finally risk your chips, and you get called by 44, because pot odds are really good, when you are so short. Not saying that this is always exactly, what happen, but this is a very common pattern for people, who are playing to tight, and who dont know how to handle loose games, often because their postflop skills are kind of so-so.
You over complicate what I said, the message was that playing cheap tournaments (free roll - 1$) makes poker a solitaire because everyone just calls whatever you bet. And yes having higher % will get you chips but in order to get through hundreds of players you need to play probably hundreds of tournaments to eventually make 2-3 final tables which will make up for all losses before and get you in profit. And the 44 call I was referring to is a terrible call, the dude was calling his whole 30BBs stack , he hasn't put anything in a pot, no bounties for knockouts , nothing. It's just pure gambling, he either flipping or crushed by any higher pair. And they do it with KJ, 58,108 etc.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And yes having higher % will get you chips but in order to get through hundreds of players you need to play probably hundreds of tournaments to eventually make 2-3 final tables which will make up for all losses before and get you in profit.

This is just the way, MTTs work, weather you play for 1$ or 100$. If you are not ready for that, then maybe better to stick with cashgames, where winnings are going to be smaller but more regular :)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can get them to fill.....I like the ignition sngs, the major drawback is you cant really keep notes on the regs with all the players being anonymous.

F

foxzero

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think playing any SNGs non of the sites come close to PStars SNGs divirsety and especialy the traffic in them.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I would say if another player has you covered be more cautious, you should also play to your BB and your opponents, if he called with 44, it might be because he has less then 20bb, which is still kinda loose, but players have different ranges to their BB, AT isn't a shoving hand or calling hand for me, I would probably only shove when I'm around 10-15bb, unless its a freeroll then I might just shove it for value. its completely different game there though, as people are very likely to call off any broadway and some cases much worse.