Sigh ... What would you do?

MrDaMan

MrDaMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratuations to me ... SWEET! I won one of those 2 dollar triple shootouts this morning and have a seat in today's Sunday Million at pokerstars.

Now here's my quandry. My sons birthday is today, he's a mentally backward 29 year old who lives in a group home and I have him over for the weekend. He's high fuctioning enough to enjoy and play poker .. not well but has lot's of fun and it brings smiles to his face.

Today were having a birthday/poker party for him, 20 dollar buy-in home game with a few friends and family. He's been looking forward to it all week. The home game starts at 4 PM pacific, the PokerStars Sunday Million starts at 1:30 PM.

Do I play the PokerStars Million today or take the tournament cash instead and save it for next week or use it for tourney buy-ins during the next week?

I love the Sunday Million Tourney and have played in it about 6 times making it to the cash 3 of those times, the closest I ever got to the final table was 88 seats.

So.... my newly aquired E-friends .... What would YOU do?

premierplayer

premierplayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your family is way more important than some poker game.. I cannot believe you actually asked this..

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea - the pull of the game is strong. But spend the day with your son - you can try to get it again another time.

D

dan_ives

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just out of curiouity guys how do i start a new thread as theres a few intresting topics id like 2 discuss

P

polko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait

You can just wait until next week and save the money in your account. If you ABSOLUTELY had to play then I could see delaying the start of your son's birthday game. Actually, if you're still in the Million dollar tournament when your son's game begins you'd probably be near making the money!

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, if you're still in the Million dollar tournament when your son's game begins you'd probably be near making the money!

doubt it, sunday mil takes for-****ing-ever.

if the buy-in is more than 1/5th your roll just keep it and play 10 $20 SNG's.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just out of curiouity guys how do i start a new thread as theres a few intresting topics id like 2 discuss

Go to the front forum page and select the appropriate category for your topic and click on it. Top left under user cp you will see "new thread". Click on that and start typing!

MrDaMan

MrDaMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aye, I took the tournament bucks and will probably use it to play other tourneys through the week. The pull was STRONG to just play the Sunday Million and muddle my way through my son's birthday but it's better to pay attention to family 1st.

Wanted to see how others here might respond to my quandry, It's good to see that there are some wise and mature people here in this forum. I REALLY wanted to play in that tournament but not only would I be turning my back on my family it would be BAD poker. The books are right when they say if your fighting with a spouse or angry at someone, if the stress of work and life have you phsycologicly tweeked it's not a good time to play.

I won a fun triple shootout this morning, have 215 tournament bucks on account and a home game birthday party to attend to this afternoon, sounds like a winning day doesnt it!

/bow thanks to all :)

D

dan_ives

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks again 4 ur help dakota