Should I play at anonymous rooms? No hand history = no HUD, RTA, AI, etc right?

P

PokerPT2645

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

I am coming back to poker after a long stop and gosh things have changed! ;) I already had a rant about poker becoming a programming/math competition rather than a fun cool game it used to be. Now I would like to ask you about HUDs and also about anonymous poker.

-Do you think that by playing at a room that doesn't allow HUDs/player hand history I will have an edge?

I think that more fish who is uncomfortable playing against HUDs/Solvers/AI (such as myself:rolleyes:) will end up in those rooms. Plus I am not used to HUDs anyway, so I am cool with using manual inputs into a spreadsheet for example. There will be way less pros, if any, the pros seem to be enjoying the benefits of playing on 16 tables with software assistance, why would they move, right?

-If the room is anonymous, does it mean the solvers won't work as effectively against me? As I understand the "evil" AI RTA solvers need my hand history input to work, so no history, no RTA. OR will those work anyway?..

The other type of solver, the "regular" solvers that just tell the ideal play according to GT would still be used obviously, because these don't need my hand history, they just provide the optimal coice given a certain scenario.

What do you guys think of this? Is it worth going old school, or is it better to actually embrace the HUDs, etc?

For last, given the high threat of RTAs, is it possible that the poker rooms will simply all go anonymous? So perhaps this is the future of online poker and HUDs and co. will all disappear soon?

Cheers!

P

PokerPT2645

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bump.

Any opinions please? :)

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what you said in your post it sounds like you'd be better in an anon no HUD room.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play where i can hide my identity via lot number of different alias
Also i like there fair game there where no HUDs and stuffs are allowed

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SwC poker....bitcoin site...very small playerpool compared to stars etc.
no huds...as far as i know...lol...
but you are not anonymous...you have a regular user name...so you can take player notes...and the others can make notes on you.
I am sure a few players have more than one account...but there is no collusion ( at the higher levels) as far as i can tell...
I would estimate that more than half the players at my level are merciless sharks....15 % are tourists....15% are 'serious students',

the cashout service is within 24 hours...and customer support is 110%.

no personal info at all is needed for registration...no name...no address...no nothing...just an email adress and some bitcoin...I have a feeling the site is totally unregulated...but the rng is honest.

i heartily recommend it to you.

Last edited:
R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have played for years using PT4 and honestly wish I hadn’t as it gave me some bad habits that are hard to break. Instead of paying attention and making notes I grew to depend on my HUD to do it for me. If I were you stick to the sites that don’t allow them like party poker or my new fave site GG Poker they have a built in HUD that works pretty well and lets you keep notes and colour code.:icon_bigs

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't use a HUD so I mostly play in anonymous rooms. I play poker for fun, and for me it's more fun to play attention to my opponents and read them myself rather than rely on a HUD.

I think you're right about the solvers, they won't work as well in anonymous rooms.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can play poker without KYC on https://xmr.poker

no traffic and no tourneys........ the idea is good, but they should invest a bit in that, could be in the top 3 poker rooms within a year - in my opinion. Definitely would beat all the crypto rooms, for some 'strange' reason, the anonimus crypto poker sites don't allow to deposit/withdraw in privacy coins like monero... but they are different....... :confused::confused::confused::):):)

N

negranou78

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
anonymous poker

Just for fun... or not...

Anyway, saw it earlier, how is the traffic there? Worthy to play there? Deposit/withdrawal experiences?

the room is new and there are only few players at the moment but it is the only place truly designed to respect people's privacy

withdrawals are instant, transaction is made right after you click on "cash out" button

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands